Well, I know you can get secret bosses on Normal *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
  3. Well, I know you can get secret bosses on Normal *spoilers*

User Info: flipmode_1

flipmode_1
1 year ago#1
Just have no clue how to trigger them. I was on my second playthrough and didn't get any for Bebop stage through Karai stage and then on Armaggon, Wingnut came to help out. I tried playing the Shredder stage a couple more times and didn't trigger Super Shredder. Anybody have any ideas here?
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#2
My guess is it has something to do with S ranking the side missions, or doing all the side missions to trigger the secret fight.
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_O__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"

User Info: flipmode_1

flipmode_1
1 year ago#3
Someone is telling me you have to knock down the bosses health really fast, but I'm not sure about that. I asked a guy on his youtube video and this was his response.

" As seen in the video (which I know you didn't even bother) buy the power drink, drink it when it says warning on the 3rd time of it shining with donatilo, go and do the combo on the boss for a co-op partner to join in (AI) that should cover lots of health now attack fast till the secret boss happen. So basically, reduce the boss hp fast enough, also if you die and used continue you will no longer be able to get it and must restart the whole stage, it doesn't work on easy mode."
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727

User Info: Wolverinefactor

Wolverinefactor
1 year ago#4
I've seen two secret bosses so far. I was playing four player coop and got Wingnits so no idea.

On my fourth Shredder attempt I got Super Shredder.

Here's a few factors.

All S ranks unlocks a KRANG robot fight right before shredder and you can use the suit to destroy him. This did NOT give me Super.

I got Super on the next battle. All S's with the final elevator fight being an A. The only thing I recall is that when he was dead I kept attacking him and instead of stage clear he transformed.

I can also tell you wingnut happens while still in the UFO
Reading WoT series
GT Wolverinefactor PSN Wolvyfactor - http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=wolverinefactor

User Info: SharkOmega

SharkOmega
1 year ago#5
I got Super Shredder on Easy Mode, and S Ranked the mission. Then on Bebop, on Easy, I S ranked all the missions, and killed the boss fairly fast, nothing.

SharkOmega
1 year ago#6
Okay here's the official answer https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Mutants-in-Manhattan-Gameplay-FAQ

Quote:

The appearance of a secret boss is governed by random chance based on the average score in each of the stage%u2019s missions, as well as the selected difficulty. Therefore, excellent scores at high difficulty levels will have more of a chance of triggering a secret boss.

Note that secret bosses will never trigger the first time you play a stage.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#7
SharkOmega posted...

this is incorrect I think. I did wingnut for the first time and got the secret boss (won't spoil). Maybe it triggered because someone else online beat it?

edit: actually it could have been part of the story. I'll go look it up.

SharkOmega
1 year ago#8
GameplayZero posted...
SharkOmega posted...

this is incorrect I think. I did wingnut for the first time and got the secret boss (won't spoil). Maybe it triggered because someone else online beat it?

edit: actually it could have been part of the story. I'll go look it up.

Was a direct quote from Activation though. But yeah, storywise, Wingnut does have a two part boss battle, which is weird he's the only boss in the game to have such.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#9
SharkOmega posted...
a two part boss battle, which is weird he's the only boss in the game to have such.

yup I was mixed up. Thank you for the clarification. Once I saw the website I figured I dun goofed.

User Info: siuol2001

siuol2001
1 year ago#10
Can confirm...during my first play through I got the secret boss on Rocksteady right away with Bebop joining (failed). Then again, later, with Karai I had Shredder join (failed again). Did not get the secret boss on continue, but definitely got them during my first run. This is on multiplayer, normal(first play through for both of us). I did NOT get "S" ranking on everything in Karai's stage. I failed...one of the side missions in Karai's level(find money or something...I forget. Ran out of time). Mostly "S" ranks, but not all. Also, I got all "S" ranks on Slash's level and didn't get any secret bosses. Sooooo confused as to what triggers this.

Some are saying time is a factor. Maybe? Did get through Rocksteady and Karai pretty fast pre-continue and may have taken a bit longer on Slash (kept losing him in the dark as we had forgotten there's a lock-on feature).

As a side note...this could just be our fault (with our technique), but I felt like, even though the secret bosses only had 2 levels of health, they went down WAY slower. Since I haven't had much time to test this I can't confirm absolutely, but, while fighting Rocksteady, we had him nearly defeated at the end with Bebop (who we focused on) still had like 1 and a half bars left.
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
  3. Well, I know you can get secret bosses on Normal *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived