Gameplay Mechanics Thread

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
1 year ago#11
Hades192
"Shell up" to avoid I think ALL attacks or at the very least Gunfire.

Yeah,blocking seems to block EVERYTHING in this game, though for a limited time as you know. I haven't come across a single attack I couldn't block. People need to stop complaining about the dizzy meter and manage it properly.

Epio Oni
My Don with exploding shuriken and damage increase hits really hard.

I only have Lv.1 exploding shurikens but it seems these damage the rock type enemies.

I'm still not getting dismantling charms. I thought we could move abilities onto others, similar to TFD weapon slots, but then it just made a new charm with something I didn't want.

User Info: Eplo Oni

Eplo Oni
1 year ago#12
Dismantling gives random effects as far as I can tell.

Shark Bite does a lot of damage and can knock back bosses.

I will not be able to list all the charm effects since I have to take the game back but I will be buying it in the near future.

A lot of the replay value for this game comes from leveling up, getting charms, and the fact that missions change almost every stage. This game should be a lot of fun for those that want to play it on a higher skill level.

One last thing, there should be a way to kill bosses faster just don't know how to. Having a hard time getting Ss on the Krang stage. Got Ss on all but that stage and the Shredder one since I did not play that stage.
360 GT: Retsej999
Only an idiot would lecture a fool. Use the past for a better future.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#13
Those item boxes that shoot electrical orbs can be deflected.

Deflecting missiles does a lot of damage to the enemy. I hate these rock type that barely stagger.

Seems the J>L launcher and H air attack do good damage for single hits even. You can do the air H repeatedly and quickly by jump canceling just after you leave the ground.

Those two directional attacks hit hard as well. I'm wondering about enemy stagger too. I see them do it after a while or from Ninjutsu and perfect parries.

What does level affect? I haven't looked through most of the menus so I don't know if there's a stat screen. I'm guessing higher levels will make you stronger. Power drinks lets you do great damage (based on normal) especially when you counter and jump on their back. Some Ninjutsu hit hard like Ninja Kick and Pile Driver, where Spin Slash is better for crowds.

The hits you do while on their back do more than your regular attacks, so maybe trying for this as much as possible. I guess charms that boost attack power would help too.

I've noticed something about Mike's dance Ninjutsu. While they are busy dancing, it seems they become unaware of your presence and you when you attack you get that black and white effect like with takedowns. Happens on bosses too.

User Info: GEL

GEL
1 year ago#14
There's a third Special. Not sure if you mentioned it but:

360+Light

Does a spinning attack unique to each turtle (except Raph, he does a ground pound)
I YELL GAME WORDS!
http://gamebabble.wordpress.com

New_Birdman
1 year ago#15
Thank you. I never knew about this.

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#16
I want to get the special moves, Im sure theres a quarter circle, or half a circle, dragon punch or charge moves that have the same effect. Yep getting into street fighter mode to test these
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_O__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#17
thread is awesome btw. As i've mentioned in another thread, i'm confused about raphs "stealth ninjitsu" on bosses. Or just stealth in general on big enemies and bosses. The bosses either let us hit them for a long time or go back to trying to kill us 1 sec after I use it.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#18
I'm not sure about that as I never use it but I have an idea. On hard I noticed some enemies who appeared to be covered in shadow, same as what Raph gets with stealth so I assume it's the same thing.

I could not lock on to these enemies. I actually thought my controller was broken at first, but then when a normal enemy appeared lock on worked fine.

This is just a guess, but I suspect it makes the enemy/boss, not as likely to lock on to your character, but then maybe they will right away. Maybe less likely when leveled up. What level is yours?

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#19
New_Birdman posted...
I'm not sure about that as I never use it but I have an idea. On hard I noticed some enemies who appeared to be covered in shadow, same as what Raph gets with stealth so I assume it's the same thing.

I could not lock on to these enemies. I actually thought my controller was broken at first, but then when a normal enemy appeared lock on worked fine.

This is just a guess, but I suspect it makes the enemy/boss, not as likely to lock on to your character, but then maybe they will right away. Maybe less likely when leveled up. What level is yours?

its lvl 4 now, but I can't replicate that one time shredder let us but him up for 10 secs for free. There might be some potential with it, but shredder (well the secret boss anyway) is a fairly glitch fight.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#20
Mine is level 1 but I'll look into it when I get on tomorrow and see if I can figure out exactly what it does.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived