What were they thinking with this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
  3. What were they thinking with this game?

User Info: closetkpopfan

closetkpopfan
1 year ago#1
Platinum is better than this. I understand it was likely rushed and they had a deadline, but some of decisions are so baffling. I can overlook the repetitive levels and forgettable music, but the gameplay just fails. It doesn't feel satisfying at all to hit enemies or do anything really, it's just so average and mediocre.

Even that I can overlook, but what is unforgivable about this game is ninjutsu system. Every turtle can use the same things, there is no uniqueness as far as I can tell outside of each turtle having their own combination attack, but those are more or less the same things too. The turtles all feel the same, this is something every TMNT game has more or less got right, but a platinum game of all things can't.

The ninjutsu system itself is fine if that weren't all there is, but as it stands it's just too bare bones. The turtles should have their own skill trees that were unique that we could level up, in addition to the ninjutsu stuff and things would have been fine. This is just a lazy cash grab like most TMNT games. I should have canceled my pre order because word of mouth wasn't looking good, but I haven't bought a TMNT game in years and wanted one, and my nephew loves TMNT and I can just give the game to him and he'll love it at least.
http://s1.postimage.org/fm1o7jxqn/secret.jpg http://s28.postimg.org/iyw1do0vh/Untitled.png
http://s24.postimg.org/unjg0nrtx/1117615_1347687231256_full.jpg

User Info: GuyverAssasin

GuyverAssasin
1 year ago#2
My guess is they wanted it released in tandem with the movie next week to synergize and maximize profits for both. The rush job definitely shows this game was made in under 9 months.
"This is not an FPS, please don't teabag my dead corpse after you win, Thank you"-MvC3 random after getting scraped by me.

User Info: SharkOmega

SharkOmega
1 year ago#3
Little inaccurate, each turtle has at least ONE skill exclusive to them. But Don's makes no since for him to have, and Raphs is useless.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#4
SharkOmega posted...
Little inaccurate, each turtle has at least ONE skill exclusive to them. But Don's makes no since for him to have, and Raphs is useless.

raphs is actually pretty strong. Against certain types of enemies you can 1 hit ko them in quick succession. Idk how stealth really works in this game, but I've had a raph use it on a boss and and we were wailing on him for a good 10 secs with him doing absolutely nothing.

I guess if worse comes to worse it does interrupt boss moves completely. Maybe not that bad to use as a run-away option if you are the last one alive or "oh s***" button if you know you are going to die in very hard mode. For certain objectives it can be a god-send.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
  3. What were they thinking with this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived