This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and Spikes last for 8 turns?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Should Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and Spikes last for 8 turns?

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
10 months ago#1
Simple question - Results (28 votes)
Yes.
7.14% (2 votes)
5 turns. 8 with a special Hold Item
50% (14 votes)
No.
42.86% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Older layers of spikes and Toxic Spike will dissapear first. You can re-use them at anytime to renew the period.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: omisfly

omisfly
10 months ago#2
I always thought that it would make more sense for hazards to "wear and tear" as you switch pokemon around. Heavy mons would wear down stealth rock and spikes faster and poison types would absorb up toxic spikes.

User Info: Vivisqeq

Vivisqeq
10 months ago#3
omisfly posted...
I always thought that it would make more sense for hazards to "wear and tear" as you switch pokemon around. Heavy mons would wear down stealth rock and spikes faster and poison types would absorb up toxic spikes.

Poison types already soak up Toxic Spikes unless they fly or levitate.
STFC

User Info: Octaz

Octaz
10 months ago#4
if you're going to nerf them to the point of uselessness please just remove them from the game entirely.

I would much prefer they stay in the game unchanged but if you want them removed from the game, be bold and do it. Don't leave some bastardized version and pretend that they're balanced now.
http://i.imgur.com/0hvN8AZ.gif
IGN: Dee FC: 1349-5268-6092. Electric Safari: Electrode, Pikachu, Galvantula

User Info: omisfly

omisfly
10 months ago#5
Vivisqeq posted...
omisfly posted...

Poison types already soak up Toxic Spikes unless they fly or levitate.

Ah yea I keep forgetting about that

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
10 months ago#6
Octaz posted...
if you're going to nerf them to the point of uselessness please just remove them from the game entirely.

I would much prefer they stay in the game unchanged but if you want them removed from the game, be bold and do it. Don't leave some bastardized version and pretend that they're balanced now.

Far from useless. And also don't pretend they are balanced now. Unless you think that needing to run a Rapid Spinner just to use certain Pokémon because of a one turn set up means it is perfectly ok.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: Arkanim94

Arkanim94
10 months ago#7
only stealt rock imo.
"what mattered the most was remembered the least"

User Info: 1010101010

10 months ago#8
Stealth rock and maybe sticky web are the only ones I'd call unbalanced. Spikes and toxic spikes need multiple uses to get max effectiveness while the other two are set it and forget it.

User Info: ManicFerret

ManicFerret
10 months ago#9
1010101010 posted...
Stealth rock and maybe sticky web are the only ones I'd call unbalanced. Spikes and toxic spikes need multiple uses to get max effectiveness while the other two are set it and forget it.

There's counterplay to spikes and toxic spikes with flying types for normal and poison/steel for toxic. I'll agree that permanent SR is a bit much though. If the opponent gets just one pokemon that knows the move and isn't OHKO'd the moment it comes out, there's several otherwise perfectly good pokemon that are suddenly completely unusable, and a lot of other pokemon get severely reduced reliability... I get that that's sorta the point, but it's just obnoxious in really long battles. 8 turns sounds fair to me imo.
3DS FC: 1693-0538-2584
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Should Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and Spikes last for 8 turns?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived