This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So many rage quits I've experienced in this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. So many rage quits I've experienced in this game...

User Info: Destinedmates

Destinedmates
1 month ago#1
And I still do today. I honestly didn't know it was this common until I recently tried playing online a little more.

One of the ones I experienced was me sending out Delphox with my opponent sending out Umbreon. I go first and use Substitute, and then he immediately disconnects right at the start of him doing a Z-Move (Z-Yawn).

Any of you competitive/online players recently experienced any rage quits, or anything that felt like it was a rage quit to you? Whether it's in X/Y or ORAS or SM or even in Showdown?

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
1 month ago#2
>be me
>have Lopunny as my lead in a OU match
>opponent has whatever I can't remember
>Mega evolve Lopunny and use Return
>oppenent switches out their Pokemon and switches in Gengar
>Scrappy.jpg
>their Gengar gets OHKO'd
>they forfeit

Not really a raqequit I guess since they forfeited.
Behold my beauty!
~Rebecca~ <3

User Info: Gasher4643

Gasher4643
1 month ago#3
Idk maby pokemon babied players all the way through the story and when it comes to online and they get trashed for the first time(s) they rage bc they dont know the feeling of and dont like losing
That and bad sportsmanship the compeditive world of pokemon kind of sucks for that reason but so do most competitive groups of games
FC: 2165-9676-4862 IGN: AC

User Info: TheShinyTrader

TheShinyTrader
1 month ago#4
CherryTsundere posted...
>be me
>have Lopunny as my lead in a OU match
>opponent has whatever I can't remember
>Mega evolve Lopunny and use Return
>oppenent switches out their Pokemon and switches in Gengar
>Scrappy.jpg
>their Gengar gets OHKO'd
>they forfeit

Not really a raqequit I guess since they forfeited.

>mega lopunny
you wonder why they forfeited? Here's your answer.
Pokemon Breeder, Trader, Collector. All my shinies for trade are here: https://tinyurl.com/y74bs544
3DS FC: 1908-3088-9660, PM me if you want to trade Pokemon!

User Info: Caius13-2

Caius13-2
1 month ago#5
I only get quits on showdown. And those arent rage quits usually so much as just the person admitting defeat, saying gg before they leave
Fc: 2981 8945 4685 IGN: Adam
Survivor of the great cookie war of '15

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#6
thats one of the reasons they started put harsher punishments for rage quiters in games now if it continue they may get even stricter in future games
AC New leaf Dream adress: 6D00-0011-18C5

User Info: Solidgold90

Solidgold90
1 month ago#7
If it's showdown it might be me forfeiting
I'm sorry but if I already lost I don't need to waist time delaying the inevitable like a scissor stuck in a 1v1 fight against toxapex,ammoongus vs mega venusaur, or similar matchups like that.
I am legend

User Info: fortyminerniner

fortyminerniner
1 month ago#8
Z-Yawn? On an Umbreon? That's new to me. lol

Anyway, from this month so far, I've had a few. In one match I recently had, I used a Wobbuffet and 1-hit KO'd a Salamence with counter, and then right after he brought out his Lucario while I brought out my Wynaut, he disconnects.

Another was me facing a Mega Charizard against my Illumise. I used Protect, he does Dragon Dance. Then I used Encore, which stuck him on Dragon Dance. As soon as I paralyzed him as well, he disconnects.

Last month, plenty of other disconnects I've had were due to placing people's Pokemon to sleep (with either Sleep Powder from my Vileplume, Venomoth, Jumpluff, Roserade, Lilligant, or Vivillion, or from my Smeargle's Spore), burning Mimikyus, Lucarios, Kangaskhans, and Garchomps with my ghosts (Mismagius, Dusclops, and Gourgeist), or luckily freezing other people's Pokemon (mostly due to my Lapras or Cryogonal).

Oh yeah, and this all happened in this game.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
1 month ago#9
Was in a royal rumble a few days ago, The best I win one of these things is 4 kos. I score 4 kos, was going to get my 5th ko to end the match and next thing I know one of the other 3 players quits.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Taylor_SwiftNOT

Taylor_SwiftNOT
1 month ago#10
Destinedmates posted...
One of the ones I experienced was me sending out Delphox with my opponent sending out Umbreon. I go first and use Substitute, and then he immediately disconnects right at the start of him doing a Z-Move (Z-Yawn).

lol
THE LEGENDARY ADAM WEST DIES! :( RIP Adam West: 1928-2017
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. So many rage quits I've experienced in this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived