This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle Tree easy mode...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Battle Tree easy mode...

User Info: darknile

darknile
1 month ago#1
I'm not a great competitor in this game. At best I'd rank myself as intermediate. In XY, ORAS, I could actually win at Battle Maison with various teams, and had more wins online too. SM, most battles I've won (without using proven teams) in BT is 8, and I've only won a single online battle, although I've put up a good fight on a few of my losses. Thanks to Fairy legends/Legendaries/UB spam mostly.

Battle tree is just too stressful for me unless I restrict myself to proven teams that someone else had to figure out.

Just a thought (I think someone else mentioned it before), but for those of us that are not pro-level competitive players at pokemon, it would have been nice if BT had an easy mode where some of us can use the full team against BT trainer's 3. I know BT is meant to give players "training" in pro-level competition and championship gameplay (not all of us strive for those heights), but this sucks.

I feel pigeonholed into using only a specific few set ups instead of the vast variety of pokemon that are in this game.

Easy mode for us dumbdums that can't even win at computer chess (I can only think about 3 moves ahead due to some slight brain damage I suffered when I was younger). 6v3 BT trainers, same amount of BP, and if we get better then head for Normal of 3v3 BT Trainers. For those that are better, Normal is pretty easy for them but gets harder (and cheaper I think) as they go.

If they had 6v6 in BT then there should be more BP earned per win due to length of battles being increased. Easy mode BT (for us dummies) 6v3.... As it is, it's way too annoying for me compared to Battle Maison.
-You know you're badass if you can make the Lord of all Evil cry.

User Info: Gasher4643

Gasher4643
1 month ago#2
The purpose of the battle tree being rigged to stop you is to test how ready u are in actual battles were the odds are stacked against you unlike the battle mansion were everyone is a pushover. If it wasn't difficult then the importance of it would go away (the place were talented trainers test their skills) and then they might as well just give u bp since theyll just hand feed u victories. Kind of why making thease game too easy is bad bc of the power ceep catching casual players off guard when they are offered a challenge
FC: 2165-9676-4862 IGN: AC
https://sites.google.com/s/0B80u9Mhku4OEcHY5MXFkMFMyUGs/edit?authuser=1

User Info: EscapeArtist8

EscapeArtist8
1 month ago#3
Are your Pokémon ev trained? Like the Pokémon at battle tree usually just bend over for my squad. I just use whatever ev trained Pokémon I feel like using.
If your Pokémon are not ev trained then you're not gonna go far in the battle tree.
FC: 1221-0323-1205, IGN: Donnell
...life is like a box of terds, you never know what you gonna get.

User Info: Catluver17

Catluver17
1 month ago#4
Truant Entrainment Durant true easy mode, and thats something that'll only work against dumb kids online.

At least, till Protect starts popping up
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
The Cat is always right. Sonic Mania G.O.A.T of 2017.

darknile
1 month ago#5
EscapeArtist8 posted...
Are your Pokémon ev trained? Like the Pokémon at battle tree usually just bend over for my squad. I just use whatever ev trained Pokémon I feel like using.
If your Pokémon are not ev trained then you're not gonna go far in the battle tree.

Oh yes you'd better believe my pokemon are EV trained, bred with my own two hands for weeks on end, and I use smogon and Pokémon database. Been breeding my own since XY came out (always get both versions for each release). Around about battle 10 I get stopped because perfect counter stopping team/pokemon comes for me. Sometimes even earlier. So only way is to breed specific teams for BT/doubles/multi and BR separately and use the the most effective "pre-planned" teams to get far. Have access to some Friend Safari pokemon in XY too.

Gasher4643 posted...
The purpose of the battle tree being rigged to stop you is to test how ready u are in actual battles were the odds are stacked against you unlike the battle mansion were everyone is a pushover. If it wasn't difficult then the importance of it would go away (the place were talented trainers test their skills) and then they might as well just give u bp since theyll just hand feed u victories. Kind of why making thease game too easy is bad bc of the power ceep catching casual players off guard when they are offered a challenge

As I said, not everyone is at the level of professional championship players. I work for my victories as well. Easier doesn't mean I'm not tested. Just like in Chess where a basic player may only be reactionary or plan ahead only 1-5 moves ahead vs a professional player that can plan 15-30+ moves ahead. Playing games professionally and gearing gameplay only towards professional players saps the fun out of a game that is meant to be FUN. I'm supposed to get better, but can't with this system. A learning curve is different than a learning cliff. Online vs a human opponent is a different story (except legendary/UltraBeast users), as people can make errors and can't have their team altered to perfectly counter your team all the time. To err is human, and I shouldn't have to be genius/pro level to ENJOY the game and accomplish the goals afterwards, I know my limits.

I don't have access to every hidden ability/ hold item/ pokemon in the game to set up a 99% perfect team. I can't think like a machine because I'm not one. You know all it may take is one perfect move the AI will spam to wipe your entire team, or a critical moment when a move misses that "should hit" but doesn't while the AI starts magically and repeatedly crit hitting your team without anymore than a sitrus berry as it's hold item. Human opponents miss too, or don't get crit hits the majority of the time. The AI does. Remember people complain about consistant OHKO moves with 50% or less accuracy hitting straight in a row. Don't tell me about how "easy" Battle Maison shpeal. People are different, we all think and process things differently. It's why some people are great at chess and others aren't, some are great at math, others aren't.
Don't expect everyone to think and play the exact same way or be capable in the exact same way you are. It's why some some are great at different things but struggle with others. I heard someone once say that to win at the current Battle Tree a player has to "think" like the AI. I can predict some of it's moves or planned moves, but I'm a human being not a machine.

Catluver17 posted...
Truant Entrainment Durant true easy mode, and thats something that'll only work against dumb kids online.

At least, till Protect starts popping up

Another pokemon team I'll have to breed from scratch to take advantage of a more effective BT team. I haven't used Durant before, but I'll keep trying.

darknile
1 month ago#6
Here are some of the teams I've bred from scratch and their set ups.

Salazzle/Modest- Corrosion/H:Black Sludge (can switch if there is a better recommendation)
-FlameThrower
-Venoshock
-Toxic (was running nasty plot but attract didn't activate as often in previous games before opponent broke through)
-Attract

Breloom/Adamant- Poison Heal/H:Toxic Orb (threats from Venoshock, but gotta take risks)
-SeedBomb
-DrainPunch
-Façade (Toxic orb combo dream to me)
-Leech Seed

Octillery (hey I like to have fun teams of rarely used pokemon) Modest (probably should have gone Timid)- Sniper/ H: Expert Belt/Scope Lens/Razor Claw
-Octozooka/Scald/ don't trust Hydro Pump accuracy.
-Psybeam
-Signal Beam
-Mud Shot

Luxray/Jolly-Intimidate/H: Bright Powder
-ThunderFang
-Crunch
-IronTail
-Roar

Hydreigon/Timid-Levitate/H: haven't gotten best item for it yet.
-Dragon Pulse
-DarkPulse
-FlashCannon
-EarthPower

Steelix/Careful-RockHead/H:Steelixite
-HeavySlam
-Earthquake
-Torment/Taunt
-SmackDown

darknile
1 month ago#7
This team was kinda random. But I'm always building more so eventually I may be able to mix and match between types.

Darmantitan/Jolly-Sheer Force/H: Life Orb
-FirePunch
-ZenHeadbutt
-Bulldoze
-Roar

Shiftry/Adamant-Chlorophyll/H:Big Root/Grass Z
-Seed Bomb
-Brutal Swing
-Leech Seed
-Toxic

Gyarados/Jolly-Moxie (wanted intimidate but got sick of getting nothing BUT moxie with 5 IVs...)/ H: trying to earn Gyaradosite
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch
-Bounce
-Bulldoze/Earthquake

Eelektross/Quiet-Levitate/H:Assault Vest/Expert Belt
-Wild Charge
-Thunder (wish they gave it Parabolic Charge)
-Drain Punch
-Giga Drain

Toxicroak/Adamant-DrySkin/H:Black Sludge
-Poison Jab
-DrainPunch
-Sucker Punch
-RainDance

Solrock/Jolly-Levitate/H:Leftovers
-RockSlide
-ZenHeadbutt
-Bulldoze
-PainSplit

Those are the two currently levelled teams I made for my Sun version. I'm working on 3rd team to level up later on. Will start working 4th - 6th team as well. Then a whole new set of teams for Moon.

darknile
1 month ago#8
*bump* any more perspectives?

User Info: Octane16

Octane16
1 month ago#9
I mean sure I didn't beat it on my first try, but after about 2 or 3 go's at it, the battle tree really isn't THAT hard. Link battles with other people are infinitely more of a challenge. But my thoughts on the battle tree is there shouldn't be an easy mode, cuz it's already kinda easy. Even for the champ Red, they just kinda randomly select 3 of his team, even if they don't synergize with each other. Lol, but he can sweep you if you're not careful tho.
I gotta love my pokemon.. and my Michigan State Spartans!
3DS FC: 0834-4259-5296

User Info: EscapeArtist8

EscapeArtist8
1 month ago#10
Yeah man.. you're using some really weak Pokémon. They're holding you back lol. Also you need to change a couple of movesets. I'm gonna list what I think you need to fix, and excuse me if I come across as a jerk at all during this post.

1. Darmanitan needs a diff moveset. It is a beast with flare blitz, which is boosted by sheer force. And It is a top tier choice scarf/ band user. Both are very scary to face. I think I had one that used this moveset.
Jolly, 252 att, 252 speed.
Flare blitz
Rock slide
U turn
Earthquake
With a choice scarf it outspeeds every unboosted, and unscarfed Pokémon. With choice band, it can kill nearly every Pokémon in the entire game with one or two hits, provided you use the correct move lol.

2. Breloom - How are you not using spore?!?!? It is a 100 percent accurate sleep move. Max Breloom's speed, and attack. Put a focus sash on it. Breed one with technician(I can give you one). Use this moveset or a similar one.
Spore
Mach punch
Rock slide
Bullet seed
It's a great Pokémon for singles with this set.

3. Listen man, I like trees as much as the next guy. But shiftry? You can't do it bro. It can't be done. No one can make that thing a star. Gamefreak doesn't want it to succeed, that's why they gave it 7 weaknesses, and awful stats. Trees just don't make for good Pokémon. Even his cousin sudowoodo sucks. Best to release shiftry now or face further disappointment. Cut that tree down.

Additional info: Hydreigon with choice specs is pretty strong.. it's a decent scarf user. Give it Draco meteor instead of dragon pulse. A lot more damage.
Luxray needs wild charge, and a couple of moves from a move tutor (on ORAS) you probably can't get :(.

Solrock and toxicroak are both a lost cause unfortunately, two very bad pokes. Nowhere near as bad as that tree tho.
FC: 1221-0323-1205, IGN: Donnell
...life is like a box of terds, you never know what you gonna get.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Battle Tree easy mode...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived