Unmentioned end-game quest *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Unmentioned end-game quest *Spoilers*

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
11 months ago#1
I'm not entirely sure, but this is probably from the Unfinished Business mod/patch by Qwinn. That said, if anyone is playing the game and using DSimpson's guide (like I am) he only mentions part of this quest. I don't know if it wasn't completed at the time or if he just missed it, but after you get back to Sigil after learning how to get to the Fortress of Regret you can visit Mebbeth again and give her one of the Black Barbed Seeds you can get from Ravel. (This much is mentioned in DSimpson's guide.)

After that, go back to the Brothel and talk to Kesai and tell her about her mother. She will talk to her father to confirm what you tell her and then offer to walk you through your dreams. Agree and she'll ask you to return in one day; once you do you'll be taken to the Foundry and can enter the Dreambuilder again. Go through the dialogue and you'll be in UnderSigil where there are two Greater Glabrezu to fight (solo). Once they're dead you'll automatically find a mace and be taken back to your room at the Festhall where the dream ends. Finally, go to your room in the Festhall for real and open the closet door from the dream to find a glass eye, the Heaven and Earth mace, and an enchanted quill pen. Use the quill pen and you'll find out what really happened to Deionarra. Afterwards, you can go and tell her father if you want to for some experience and a chance to alter your alignment between law and chaos (truth/vow or lie, same as normal).

Just thought I'd mention it since I thought it was kind of neat. It's too bad the mace isn't really any better than Celestial Fire considering it's kind of hidden. Considering I specialized in Fists and Axes though I'm kinda glad though, haha. I am curious as to whether you'd be able to access the closet earlier in the game if you join up with the Anarchists, since the quill pen's writings mention them.

Edit: It just dawned on me this is probably the Expanded Deionarra's Truth quest from the Unfinished Business mod isn't it?
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
11 months ago#2
*Clears throat* After beating the game (for the first time!) an hour and a half or so ago I decided to fuss about with installing parts of Qwinn's Unfinished Business and Tweaks patches/mods I was previously advised not to use as a first time player and ended up actually reading the readmes this time around. When I first installed them I did so according to the instructions found elsewhere and never thought to read the readmes at the time since everything installed easily and bug free. I've now realized a few things:

1) DSimpson's guide, while great, does not include all of the quests and such included in the newest versions of the aforementioned patches/mods.
2) The readmes explained every question I had, including the quest I previously posted about (duh?).
3) Due in part to point #1 and in part to my own impatience, I actually missed a few of the smaller things my first time around like the restored Curst citizens and even Able Ponder-Thought's research (wherever that takes place).

Thankfully, I was already planning to make a quick run through the game to check out the few things I hadn't installed. That, and go a little crazy with the Tome o' Cheats so I can easily try out all the spells in the game and see their animations (played through as a fighter the first time around, didn't take Ignus and didn't grind long enough for Dak'kon to be able to use anything higher than 5th level spells).
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Unmentioned end-game quest *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived