Corrupted saves?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Corrupted saves?

User Info: hippybutterfly

hippybutterfly
6 years ago#1
I just started playing this game recently and am really enjoying it so far, but I've run into a problem since I added some new portrait and face packs. I'm guessing this is my problem, since I didn't have any problems before adding new CC. The old game I have saved before adding the portraits and override face pack still loads fine, but when I start a new character and save it, when I try to reload the new save game, the game crashes. I haven't had any crashes prior to adding the new faces and portraits. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and is there some kind of fix for it, or will I be stuck with the default portraits and faces (which I really don't care for)?
Thanks in advance for any help.

User Info: dark lancer

dark lancer
6 years ago#2
You probably added way too many portraits. It can really slow down the portrait selection screen, if not crash it.
Think.
[Papal Crusaders]

hippybutterfly
6 years ago#3
I did add about a hundred or so portraits (which totals over 400 files in the portrait folder, with 4 different sizes for each). I guess I'll remove most of those, then, and just keep the ones I like best. Hopefully that will help. Thanks!

hippybutterfly
6 years ago#4
I guess you were right about the portraits. The bad part is, I had to get rid of all the custom portraits to get new games to save and load. I tried getting rid of about 3/4 of them and still had the same problem, so I tried only using one and it still didn't work, so I guess I'm stuck using default portraits for now. Thanks for your help!

User Info: dark lancer

dark lancer
6 years ago#5
Just put only the ones you want to use in your portraits file.
Think.
[Papal Crusaders]
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Corrupted saves?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived