Will the Nintendo 3DS be obsolete when Switch comes out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will the Nintendo 3DS be obsolete when Switch comes out?

User Info: MLGSerperior111

MLGSerperior111
1 year ago#21
I think like the GBA and DS, the 3ds will get at least 1-2 more games before the Switch takes over completely over. People often forgot that the GBA got pokemon emerald and the DS got BW2 when their successors had been out for at least a year.
Um...I don't know what to put.

User Info: thecoolgu

thecoolgu
1 year ago#22
Not immediately.

And how soon after the release will depend on how expensive the switch is.
3DS FC: 4270-4396-9971

User Info: memoryman3

memoryman3
1 year ago#23
MLGSerperior111 posted...
I think like the GBA and DS, the 3ds will get at least 1-2 more games before the Switch takes over completely over. People often forgot that the GBA got pokemon emerald and the DS got BW2 when their successors had been out for at least a year.

That was because of backwards compatiblity.
Daisy 4 Smash!
https://i.imgur.com/ywiokrd.jpg

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 year ago#24
GoldenSun3DS posted...
There's a rumor Pokemon Stars will come to Switch.

im hoping thats the case.

nintendos handhelds still do pretty well worldwide and pokemon pretty much prints money..
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
1 year ago#25
FinalFantasyer posted...
Rolfin posted...
Nintendo 3DS is standing on its last legs, but that doesn't mean that obsoleteness will dampen your fun with the system.

I play my DS much much MUCH more frequently than my 3DS and that system is about as obsolete as a system can get.

Here's a surprise for you: 3DS plays all DS games in addition to regular 3DS games.

yeah, but either in weird resolution or a tiny screen
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
1 year ago#26
I think like the GBA and DS, the 3ds will get at least 1-2 more games before the Switch takes over completely over.

The GBA didn't get "one or two more games" after the DS came out. It was still pumping out regular releases for three or four years.
Opinions are like dicks. It's okay to have one, but if you're shoving it in everyone's face we're going to have problems.

User Info: BoomerTheGreat

BoomerTheGreat
1 year ago#27
I think Nintendo is moving development to the Switch and rightfully so.
Greatness comes from within

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
1 year ago#28
Mavitar posted...
I think like the GBA and DS, the 3ds will get at least 1-2 more games before the Switch takes over completely over.

The GBA didn't get "one or two more games" after the DS came out. It was still pumping out regular releases for three or four years.

From 3rd parties and shovelware devs mostly. But these days, shovelware devs seem to have moved to mobile.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#29
Everything that releases will eventually be obsolete.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 year ago#30
If by "obsolete" you mean "lose all the remaining support", then yes. It will. Unlike what Nintendo says, they will 100% abandon it and let it die completely after the Switch gets released.

Nintendo will have only 1 pillar, and that will be the Switch.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will the Nintendo 3DS be obsolete when Switch comes out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived