The Switch looks like a jack of all trades...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The Switch looks like a jack of all trades...

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
1 year ago#21
Is it really that rare to have handheld systems in pockets? I know girls' pockets are basically pointless but I've never really seen guys pants that are small and inconvenient to hold stuff in.
Call me Granny.
Steam/NNID: Granadico | Wii U, 3DS, Gaming PC

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#22
Readingscripts posted...
Braev posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
Isn't it supposed to work as a tablet as well, with non-game apps?

In the same way a 3DS or Vita does, I imagine... so no, not really. As far as anyone here knows anyway.

Lol, that's the best part. They've made a tablet system, priced like a high end tablet... and does nothing a tablet actually does.

I can't help but just laugh.

And yet, the Switch will be able to handle what a high-end tablet cannot. If an actual tablet were to attempt it, it would likely cost a couple fold over the Switch's price.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#23
I disagree with TC's implications that there isn't a real market for the Switch, but understand that people who like pocketable portables may not be happy if the Switch is the only option for this cycle.

I think the Switch's size is great, but that's just me. My job has me traveling for months at a time and this system strikes the perfect balance in size for my lifestyle, as I usually travel with a personal backpack of some sort anyway.
"LAN's not dead... just dormant."

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#24
Rolfin posted...
I disagree with TC's implications that there isn't a real market for the Switch, but understand that people who like pocketable portables may not be happy if the Switch is the only option for this cycle.

I think the Switch's size is great, but that's just me. My job has me traveling for months at a time and this system strikes the perfect balance in size for my lifestyle, as I usually travel with a personal backpack of some sort anyway.

I have an n3DS XL, and typically when I want to take that around, I also take my laptop, so I take my backpack, and put my handheld in there too. I should get a portable charger and keep it in there, now that I have a USB charge kit for my n3DS XL.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#25
jairusmonillas posted...
The real kids are the one who thinks that every portable gaming system should be able to fit into your pockets. lol.

I fail to see the logic in claiming that only kids would want a portable device to fit in their pocket.

Where do most people keep their smartphones again?

Ralizah posted...
People who want to play console quality games on the go?

Sony tried that with the Vita.... didn't work out so well.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 year ago#26
Rolfin posted...

I think we really are the target market. You can tell that from the hype video. I could even see this being premium priced as a result
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#27
This thread in a nutshell: This system doesn't cater to me, so it's a dumb and pointless system wahhhhh
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Blouge

Blouge
1 year ago#28
Mr_Rudd posted...
I honestly don't see the appeal of this "hybrid" approach. The Switch looks like it will be a handheld system that is too large for pockets and has poor battery life, an underpowered home console with an ugly, oversized controller, and a tablet with limited function, given its focus on gaming. Who is it supposed to cater to, exactly?

You're not wrong.

I'll stick with my:
-PC (sheer power)
-Wii U (flexibility - I can play with GamePad or on TV, and I can play a huge catalog of Wii U, Wii, and GameCube games)
-3DS (great portability, also flexibility - I can play from a huge library of 3DS or DS games or many emulated games I've purchased)

I see no reason to get Switch.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 year ago#29
Mr_Rudd posted...
Well, excuse me for expecting a portable gaming system to follow the norm. Every single other gaming dedicated portable system I know of was like that.

Apperently you dont know the concept of pirtability then. Something far too many seem to assume that only handhelds can be portable and nothing more
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 year ago#30
Blouge posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
I honestly don't see the appeal of this "hybrid" approach. The Switch looks like it will be a handheld system that is too large for pockets and has poor battery life, an underpowered home console with an ugly, oversized controller, and a tablet with limited function, given its focus on gaming. Who is it supposed to cater to, exactly?

You're not wrong.

I'll stick with my:
-PC (sheer power)
-Wii U (flexibility - I can play with GamePad or on TV, and I can play a huge catalog of Wii U, Wii, and GameCube games)
-3DS (great portability, also flexibility - I can play from a huge library of 3DS or DS games or many emulated games I've purchased)

I see no reason to get Switch.

Well, Wii U won't be supported anymore and neither will 3DS after a year or so. And the benefit of Switch is that you can play the latest game anywhere without issue
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The Switch looks like a jack of all trades...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived