RUMOR: Nintendo Switch Uses Nvidia's Maxwell Architecture Instead of Pascal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. RUMOR: Nintendo Switch Uses Nvidia's Maxwell Architecture Instead of Pascal

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 year ago#71
I want to add that the pascal is much more power efficient. I recently upgraded to a GTX 1070 on my PC, and it only requires a single 4pin connector, while my old GTX780 required a 8pin connector.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
FC: 0619-5012-7866 ; DeviantArt: http://htakara82.deviantart.com/

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#72
MushroomMuncher posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
ArabrockermanX posted...
Also, we've had someone that has actual information(multiple leaks) claim Pascal... So I'm not going to throw the other rumor out for one from a completely new "source."

This is not true. There's been one and only one leak from someone with a good track record, and they said Maxwell from the start. There are no good sources for Pascal.

I know for a fact you're not talking about Emily Rogers

GAFer who has leaked information that was correct claimed Pascal over the summer. TBF, if its 16nm, there isn't much difference between the two, but saying we should throw out every other source because some blogger who has repeatedly edited his story when corrected by neogaf claims to have inside information is a f***ing joke. This guy has no inside information.

If the Switch used Pascal, it wouldn't be weird for them to have X1 dev kits.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#73
Megagunstarman posted...
This is at odds with the foxconn leak. Time will tell which of the 2 are real.

We'll have to wait till release or if we are lucky January to find out who is right.

But the reveal will likely shine some light on what's on there based off of the performance of key games.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
1 year ago#74
guy writing the article sounds like he really doesn't know what he is talking about.
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014

User Info: honyo29

honyo29
1 year ago#75
it'll be stronger than wiiu but still below xb1. pretty easy to guess.
it runs botw at better performance but still no high profile multiplats announced for it.
if it it means cheaper prize and library on par with 3ds+wiiu combined. i'm in. i don't really want a portable ps4 tbh (gonna get PS4 anyway if it finally get MH game).
some people seriously need to git gud.

User Info: aluminafalcon

aluminafalcon
1 year ago#76
StickMen1090 posted...
guy writing the article sounds like he really doesn't know what he is talking about.

You would be surprised at the number of tech journalist for online publications who have little to no formal education in techinical matters.
Hanlon's razor " Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
1 year ago#77
honyo29 posted...
it'll be stronger than wiiu but still below xb1. pretty easy to guess.
it runs botw at better performance but still no high profile multiplats announced for it.
if it it means cheaper prize and library on par with 3ds+wiiu combined. i'm in. i don't really want a portable ps4 tbh (gonna get PS4 anyway if it finally get MH game).

the article points to it being XB1 level but conflics with previous reports and points to the system having poor battery which was the opposite of previous rumors with "reliable" sources. topped with the guys bias piece of the switch being good for "Cartoony games like Nintendo games" its hard to take the guy seriously.
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014

User Info: davishippo

davishippo
1 year ago#78
StickMen1090 posted...

Yup. Whoever his insider is, it seems he told him two things. The soc is based on maxwell and it is 1 TFlop compute.
The 1 tflop is most likely half precision or fp16.
It actually is 512 gflops at fp32.
PS4 is 1.8 tflops at fp32.
Bell Maiden is my waifu.

User Info: TheLazyClown

TheLazyClown
1 year ago#79
jairusmonillas posted...
lol! youtube as a source for rumors.
Not changing this sig until Attack on Titan season 2 and Sword Art Online 3 are released.
Donald Trump won. Deal with it.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#80
I'm sure most people are aware that maxwell is essentially just die shrunked pascal. But it wouldn't make sense to even think about doing 16nm maxwell (coz that's what pascal is), 20nm maxwell (which will become more expensive relatively soon, TSMC is pretty much phasing out 20nm in a time where 14nm and 16nm is kind of the norm), and 28nm (which would be cheaper, but due to the constraints, it would be around wii u level performance). Out of these scenarios, 16nm (aka pascal) would be really the only scenario.

The article states it'll be around 1tf and can accomplish "cartoony games" and yet states it wont be able to do console quality like games on the xbone when it has 1.3 tf, is he high or ignorant? He also states that maxwell would produce less heat, take less power and etc which makes this article even more stupid. This also contradicts heavily with the rumoured pascal.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. RUMOR: Nintendo Switch Uses Nvidia's Maxwell Architecture Instead of Pascal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived