Rumor: Switch is more powerful that PS4 Pro / Rumor: Switch is weaker than XB1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Rumor: Switch is more powerful that PS4 Pro / Rumor: Switch is weaker than XB1

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
1 year ago#11
What people fail to realize are 2 things:

Being about as poweful as Xbone would be spectacular for a handheld. All previous Nintendo handhelds were more then 2 full generations behind they contemporary consoles, all Sony handhelds were more then 1 full generation behind their contemporary consoles.

Being about as powerful as the Xbone (yes, even being slightly weaker) would be good enough to participate in home console multiplatform releases for quite some time.
I hope Grasshopper's new PS4 game LET IT DIE will also come to the Nintendo Switch!

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#12
What amazes me is that people actually think that a $250-300 handheld is going to be anywhere near as fast as a similarly priced console. The fact is, even in a best case scenario, the Switch was never going to be up to par with 8th gen consoles. And as we learn more, it's looking more and more like the Switch will be more on par with a souped up 7th gen console than anything even approaching the performance of the Xbone/PS4.

I don't understand why people don't just accept reality and move on. Then again, I guess I'm not surprised seeing as how it took a good 2 or 3 years worth of extensive evidence to finally prove to some of the fanboys that the Wii U was only about on par with the x360.

PedroMontana posted...
What people fail to realize are 2 things:

Being about as poweful as Xbone would be spectacular for a handheld. All previous Nintendo handhelds were more then 2 full generations behind they contemporary consoles, all Sony handhelds were more then 1 full generation behind their contemporary consoles.

Being about as powerful as the Xbone (yes, even being slightly weaker) would be good enough to participate in home console multiplatform releases for quite some time.

Yeah, that's kind of the point and precisely why this was never going to be the case. The 3DS was for the most part a good 2 generations behind consoles when it was released. Same with the DS. Quite how people expect the Switch to be even within the same vicinity of 8th gen consoles is beyond me and I fully expect it to be, at best, a modest upgrade over the x360/PS3/Wii U but nowhere near the performance of the Xbone/PS4 - much less the Scorpio or Pro.

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 year ago#13
Rumor: Switch is more powerful that PS4 Pro -> that rumor has a chance of 99% of being true.

Rumor: Switch is weaker than XB1 -> those are just disgusting lies spread by trolls who hate the fact that Nintendo makes the best consoles.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 year ago#14
scoobydoobydont posted...
all signs and common sense point to the latter.

What signs?
Common sense dictates we dont know anything.
Currently Playing :Battlefield 1, Final Fantasy XV, and Pokemon Moon

User Info: Solis

Solis
1 year ago#15
NintendoGamer83 posted...
What's funny is the same trolls and haters that ruined Wii U board are at large.

You mean like the troll that started this thread?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/73113245

And just look at some of the idiotic trolls in THAT topic. One guy was even stupid enough to suggest that the Xbox One and PS4 had weaker CPUs than the Xbox 360 and PS3 did, how delusional can you get?
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: BoomerTheGreat

BoomerTheGreat
1 year ago#16
Common sense and Nvidia said that it has power up to par with the 8th gen and should be easy to port.
Greatness comes from within

User Info: faizan_faizan

faizan_faizan
1 year ago#17
Maverick_Reznor posted...

What signs?

Do you seriously expect a tablet form factor to be as powerful as a PS4 Pro, let alone outmatching it in specs? Jesus Christ. Common sense ain't so common anymore.
Allergic to bull****.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#18
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Common sense and Nvidia said that it has power up to par with the 8th gen and should be easy to port.

Common sense says that a cheap handheld is somehow going to have power on par with a console? And this would be coming from Nintendo - a company known for releasing handhelds that are especially weak and easily 10 or more years behind current console tech? I don't think so.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 year ago#19
faizan_faizan posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...

What signs?

Do you seriously expect a tablet form factor to be as powerful as a PS4 Pro, let alone outmatching it in specs? Jesus Christ. Common sense ain't so common anymore.

Never said I do expect it to be as powerful as the pro.
So now we are on the subject of comprehension.
Currently Playing :Battlefield 1, Final Fantasy XV, and Pokemon Moon

User Info: HotCell43

HotCell43
1 year ago#20
Common sense people common sense.......
PSN/Xbox Live: McProtege92
3DS FC: Abel 4038-6842-1951
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Rumor: Switch is more powerful that PS4 Pro / Rumor: Switch is weaker than XB1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived