With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#11
Shacky_101 posted...
Is the gap between the xbox one and ps4 that noticeable when it comes to graphics?

No, it's not. I remember one comparison where they said you literally had to look at the weeds in the grass to finally notice a difference between the PS4 and Xbox version of a certain game.

Which is why I laugh when people argue about something being "As powerful as an Xbox, but not a PS4".

Also, comparing flops, especially flops across different processor architectures.... might as well compare the engine of a gas motorcycle to an electric car while you're at it.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Brewster123

Brewster123
1 year ago#12
The Switch's selling point is not power, it is affordability and portability. Besides, since DQXI, Dark Souls 3, and Project Sonic 2017 are all capable of running on the Switch. I'm not too worried for 3rd Party Support.
3DS FC: 3497-2970-1353
MHGEN IGN: Ragnor

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#13
That's the point I was making. The quantity of scaled down graphical features between switch and xbone should be similar to ps4 and xbone, on the bases of assumption that switch indeed has 1 teraflop at full precision. Of course the gap would be slightly bigger with switch and ps4, but it's nothing too really moan about, like we did with wii u and current gen consoles.

That being said, I always found the whole "I got 50% more power then you" debate in the beginning of the console generation stupid.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
1 year ago#14
You're being way too optimistic if you honestly think we're getting 1 TFLOP. That 1 TFLOP from an X1 is coming from single precision fp16, which won't be possible to run most of the time. It's 512 at fp32. It will likely average around the middle around 700.

If it was 1 TFLOP in docked mode at all times, it would likely be on par or even better than xbone one(this isn't including bandwith, RAM, and other stuff) in Raw GPU power, as Nvidia performs better per flop when compared to AMD(not to mention, much newer and efficient hardware).
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#15
Yeah I would like to clarify this. When I say 1tf or higher, I mean its full capacity dock mode. They can downgrade the graphics even more in portable mode for battery life.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 year ago#16
I'm using it as mostly as a portable system, I have a PS4 for the more heavy hitters.
PSN: captsplatter

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
1 year ago#17
Chemazan posted...
The 3DS is way f***ing far from 1TF, yet it had 3rd party support

But it wasn't getting ports from ps4 and xbone. He's saying switch may not be able to handle multi platform games
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII

User Info: radiobutton

radiobutton
1 year ago#18
As long as it plays well. Portable is almost the only way I can properly play now.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#19
Brewster123 posted...
Besides, since DQXI, Dark Souls 3, and Project Sonic 2017 are all capable of running on the Switch. I'm not too worried for 3rd Party Support.

That reminds me, anyone remember when Ghosbusters was released on both the Wii/PS2:
http://i.imgur.com/T7NNaVC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X6ZmhMv.jpg

And on the PS3/360?:
http://i.imgur.com/i0KogSN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Tt8LB6x.jpg

Come to think of it, didn't Sonic Unleashed get the same treatment?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#20
I worry for the future of trolling since rumours are automatically fact.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived