So if people are believing the rumor then the Switch is as strong as the Xbox 1?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So if people are believing the rumor then the Switch is as strong as the Xbox 1?

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#11
Let's not forget there is a difference in Flops and actual performance between Nvidia and AMD, with Nvidia having similar results at less Flops. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if TFlops becomes the new Mhz, and we all know about the Mhz myth.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#12
DiscostewSM posted...
Let's not forget there is a difference in Flops and actual performance between Nvidia and AMD, with Nvidia having similar results at less Flops. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if TFlops becomes the new Mhz, and we all know about the Mhz myth.

Yep.

Original Gameboy had higher MHz than Lynx and Game Gear.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.

User Info: hellbringher

hellbringher
1 year ago#13
Slightly more powerful than the Wii U. Developers are going to jump ship or give people water downed ports.
There are two Tom Bradys...ones a girl.

User Info: davishippo

davishippo
1 year ago#14
NicknameMy posted...
davishippo posted...
The switch is about 1/3rd of an xbox one and 1/4th of a ps4. The 1 TFlop count is measured at FP16 while Xbox One and PS4 is measured at FP32. Switch measured at FP32 is 512 GFlops

512 GFlops is the standard X1 chip and the X1 chip needs no active cooling, so whaat?

The Shield TV has active cooling. It's even a larger footprint than what the Switch will be. Running it always at full load will need active cooling.
Bell Maiden is my waifu.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 year ago#15
If it's at least as strong as the X1 or stronger that would be good. Switch could be seeing a lot of 3rd party ports if the games sell.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

davishippo
1 year ago#16
DiscostewSM posted...

Not this again. That is b/c of AMD's horrible drivers on Windows. All consoles use lower level APIs. A good developer using Vulkan or DirectX12 will get better performance out of the higher Flop count GPU. Look no further than Doom.
Bell Maiden is my waifu.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
1 year ago#17
NintendoGamer83 posted...
This rumour is fake because agenda.

so when its a rumor you're in favor of you say that its fake because agenda, but when its a rumor you dont like you say its only true because agenda.

im getting it now
if console sales are important y arent they still making ps2 games--Jinzo111887
less than 500k sales across 3ds and wiiu is still decent for a game.--fauch

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#18
king_madden posted...
NintendoGamer83 posted...
This rumour is fake because agenda.

so when its a rumor you're in favor of you say that its fake because agenda, but when its a rumor you dont like you say its only true because agenda.

im getting it now

Yep. U finally get your fellow Sony fan trolls.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#19
That's only true if the cpu good enough to handle things on its own, the reason why amd cards get outperformed by nvidia cards even with 30% flop advantage is because they're more orientated towards asynchronous compute and gpgpu. If the total raw performance of the cpu is similar to the jaguar cores on the other consoles, that's not necessarily a true advantage because the gpu would have to still take care of those cpu tasks, therefore less effor is went to making the game look pretty.

And the whole fp32 vs fp16 shenanigan, that's something that the developers have to take advantage of. The consoles don't have that feature (except for pro and scorpio but we need to see how well those do to warrent developers to take advantage of that), nvidia 10-series cards suck at it, UE4 has that but we haven't seen people take advantage of that, and only amd with vulkan api truly takes advantage of that. But who knows maybe nvidia's api takes care of that, and maybe even their supposed custom physics engine does too.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

davishippo
1 year ago#20
PS4Warrior posted...
If it's at least as strong as the X1 or stronger that would be good. Switch could be seeing a lot of 3rd party ports if the games sell.

X1 as in Xbox 1? No, it will not. X1 as in Nvidia X1? Absolutely.
Nvidia X1 is still a mordern chip that can handle 3rd party games. A 1080p game on Xbox 1 can be done at 720p. It's when a game that has to be below 1080p for the Xbox 1 is where they will have to start cutting corners for the Switch or go an even lower resolution than 720p. The Switch can also do 1080p but the games will have to be built for it on the Switch just like the Wii U has some games at 1080p itself.
Bell Maiden is my waifu.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So if people are believing the rumor then the Switch is as strong as the Xbox 1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived