Why do you need so much power?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do you need so much power?

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
1 year ago#1
Would anyone here really argue that there aren't a my NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, PS1, PS2, N64, Xbox, GameCube, Dreamcast, etc. games that don't still hold up today?

Developers were making phenomenal games on much less sophisticated hardware. It's not like every PS4/Xbone is maximizing the potential of those systems. Plenty of the games could be run on PS3/360 with minor downgrades.

Why would you ever base your opinion of a console on its maximum power when very few games will even come close to reaching that? Developers have proven countless times over that deep, satisfying, interesting, lengthy games can be made on any hardware.

Consider pretty much every single Wii U/360/PS3 games. Do you enjoy any of them? Do you think any of them were worth their cost? If you answers yes than you admit that you can be completely satisfied by decade old architecture. What about the 3DS? That's even weaker and I'm sure many of you have greatly enjoyed it.

I'm not saying power doesn't matter. Obviously greater power ensures a system is capable of doing bigger things and games can keep expanding. But power seriously isn't everything. To deny yourself fantastic games because you demand a power they don't even need to utilize to be fantastic seems foolish to me.
"De edu sud tovouk General Scales!" - General Scales, Star Fox Adventures
StarD86 is forever my hero!

User Info: Miner2049er

Miner2049er
1 year ago#2
Well, if I'm going to be paying £200-£300 for a new console, I don't want it to be HALF as powerful as a console that came out over 3 years ago.

User Info: SlimeSwayzey

SlimeSwayzey
1 year ago#3
You have the option to stick with old consoles.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 year ago#4
For games.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: BladePenguin

BladePenguin
1 year ago#5
Because I want the next line in portable gaming.
I got it.
Don't know about the rest of you.
MOH2:Wii Online name Enso
Brawl FC: 5455-9156-6673

User Info: frogman_295

frogman_295
1 year ago#6
to rule the universe.
sigless user here

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#7
Because I want a 4k experience at 120fps, all at an affordable price.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 year ago#8
3DS isn't weak, it just has terrible screen that makes it seem weaker than it is. Most of its games never even take advantage of its full potential because their average budget is on the low side. The only titles that push it to the limit are ports of higher budget games originally made for consoles.

So there really is not much of a point in Switch having too much power if nobody will make games that actually show the full extent of what it's capable of.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Zingo

Zingo
1 year ago#9
So I can feel like a big man!

User Info: DailyDiarrhea

DailyDiarrhea
1 year ago#10
I don't need it, developers do. And I want their games.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do you need so much power?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived