If leaked specs are correct, where would the switch be compared to xbone/wii u?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. If leaked specs are correct, where would the switch be compared to xbone/wii u?

User Info: TheFallenPriest

TheFallenPriest
1 year ago#1
I know it's in between the xbone and u, but where? For example, if the u was 0 and xbone 10, what would the switch be? 2? 7? 5? I know we don't know for certain yet, and I know, the leaked specs are just rumors, but I'm assuming they are correct for discussions sake. I'm just trying to get an idea of where the switch would stand.
Play Gamefaqs Bingo with me. Any time you get 5 in a row in a single topic shout BINGO! in it.
http://i.imgur.com/2hQcuzb.jpg

User Info: ntdnwid

ntdnwid
1 year ago#2
Considering raw clock numbers alone (ie ignoring core count and tech performance):

- Undocked: Switch = 90% Wii U power;

- Docked: Wii U = 110% Wii U power.

Therefore, by your scale:

Undocked: -1

Docked: 1

User Info: darkcharizard

darkcharizard
1 year ago#3
If the specs leaked by a Foxconn worker (which are coming true) and a famous/highly credible Japanese journalist who knew about PS4 pro when it was in the planning stages are right.... Then it'll be as powerful as Xbox One, if not more powerful.

It will use a custom Tegra X2 chip which will be able to deliver 1 Nvidia TeraFLOP which is about the same as 1.3 AMD TeraFLOPS if not more.

User Info: GreatRingo

GreatRingo
1 year ago#4
I heard a rumor that it is more powerful than XboxOne but weaker than gamecube.

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#5
Super charged Wii U :D

Seriously though, it'll be a little more powerful than the Wii U, should run BoTW and other Wii U titles with small improvements but nothing special.

There's one thing worth mentioning though, even DF(Eurogamer) pointed this out, we don't know how many cores they are using, we could put an upper limit on it but until a little more is leaked we won't have an exact figure on how powerful this is. But the current clock speeds aren't promising at all. This will definitely perform well under the xb0ne.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#6
in portable mode we should get wii u performance, and in docked mode we should get double the performance of wii u. assuming it has 256 cores
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
(message deleted)

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
1 year ago#8
ntdnwid posted...
Considering raw clock numbers alone (ie ignoring core count and tech performance):

- Undocked: Switch = 90% Wii U power;

- Docked: Wii U = 110% Wii U power.

Therefore, by your scale:

Undocked: -1

Docked: 1

That is hilarious mathematics, thanks for that it made me smile! If undocked is 90% of the Wii U power, how could it even play Breath of The Wild? Maybe, it's time you earned a degree (or at least a diploma).

User Info: Ricardo2000

Ricardo2000
1 year ago#9
I heard that Switch capable of playing GameCube games,
so it must be GameCube level of power or higher.
I'm learning English, if you saw any mistakes in my messages, please, warn me, write me PM. It will help me to improve my English.

User Info: ntdnwid

ntdnwid
1 year ago#10
ArabrockermanX posted...
You're an idiot.

riboflav posted...
That is hilarious mathematics, thanks for that it made me smile! If undocked is 90% of the Wii U power, how could it even play Breath of The Wild? Maybe, it's time you earned a degree (or at least a diploma).

Not my fault Nintendo is producing a portable Odyssey.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. If leaked specs are correct, where would the switch be compared to xbone/wii u?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived