*Rumours*: Matching with Foxconn leak... A73, Pascal, 4300mah battery

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. *Rumours*: Matching with Foxconn leak... A73, Pascal, 4300mah battery

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#21
jairusmonillas posted...
While it's good for Switch if it's really a pascal.

This is Nintendo though, Don't expect much from specs especially if multiple rumors indicate for maxwell not pascal. lol.

I do see Nintendo releasing a new Switch in 2 years with pascal and then another Switch in 4 years especially when Nvidia said it's not a one time deal.

Way more rumours say Pascal than Maxwell in the retail unit.

In 2 years Nintendo could use Volta.
My speculation on Switch TFLOPs: 0.5 undocked, 1.2 docked.
Pascal, 12 SM's, 768 CUDA Cores

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#22
thetriforks posted...
Them taking down the page raises suspicions, I think it may be correct.

Unless China has laws against leaking information it is kind of meaningless actually...

I believe there is enough mud in the water to at least say we don't know but honestly it will not be much better than the Eurogamer leak... If that leak was based off of a July dev kit how much can we actually expect it to improve?
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
1 year ago#23
People still thinking Maxwell and Pascal are worlds apart or something (and not that Pascal is basically just Maxwell at 16nm).

Anyway, wasn't the previous Foxconn leak specifically calling these dev kits? That would be pretty weird, considering dev kits are usually not built at Foxconn.
No idea what to believe at this point. Just a little over two weeks and this crap can stop.
http://i.imgur.com/szMsu.png
Validate your purchases and discredit the purchases of others whenever possible. Numbers objectively define quality and enjoyment.

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
1 year ago#24
Hrm. In regards to the battery, is that feasible for the Switch? I honestly don't know.
Official Xion of the KHIII Board NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303 Leader of SquidFAQs squad: http://s17.postimg.org/vwux0plcv/rhuntersig3.png

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
1 year ago#25
ArabrockermanX posted...
thetriforks posted...
Them taking down the page raises suspicions, I think it may be correct.

Unless China has laws against leaking information it is kind of meaningless actually...

I believe there is enough mud in the water to at least say we don't know but honestly it will not be much better than the Eurogamer leak... If that leak was based off of a July dev kit how much can we actually expect it to improve?

According to LKD, the newer kits from October are supposed to be stronger.

Grains, though.
Official Xion of the KHIII Board NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303 Leader of SquidFAQs squad: http://s17.postimg.org/vwux0plcv/rhuntersig3.png

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
1 year ago#26
Unless the chip is 10nm, it can't have A73 cores.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#27
A73 were primarily designed around the 10nm process, but still can be manufactured on 16nm. It would get more benefits on 10nm of course (ability to clock slightly higher). Pascal is manufactured on 16nm finfett, but its roots are traced back to 28nm planar. Not really the exact same example, but with modification they can get A73 on 16nm, but they dont have to do that since they can make the cpu on that process anyway. A72 is fine too, and isn't an unlikely candidate for the cpu, the gap in performance isn't that large aside from slightly worse efficiency in memory performance and performance per watt over A73.

Regarding the dev kit, the foxconn leak was leaking the final hardware I believe, although there was somekind of devkit tidbit that made the rumour odd. Something that regarded as a "Switch Pro" that was mistaken to be a devkit.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#28
R_Hunter posted...
Hrm. In regards to the battery, is that feasible for the Switch? I honestly don't know.

It's a relatively average battery size for tablets in general, on the smaller size tbh. Smartphone batteries are going into 3000 mah region nowadays. I estimate that it'll do 3 hours for really intense games, 4-6 hours for Wii u caliber games, and 6 hours plus for 2d artsy type games. That's assuming it goes with pascal, and with a72s as CPUs.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: TalesRevenant

TalesRevenant
1 year ago#29
So call Eurogamer, Epic for UE4 specs, Laura Kate trolls..you know people who actually have crediblity.... and here you're all open arms for this random as f*** site no one has ever heard of.

So if it's positive/what you want to believe - Not a troll. Must be true
So if it's negative/what you don't want to believe - Troll. Must be fake.

Lol okay.

User Info: TalesRevenant

TalesRevenant
1 year ago#30
Eoin posted...
Shacky_101 posted...
The source is called "Baidu" a Chinese website, but they seem to have taken down the page.

This is the equivalent of posting "the source is called "Google", an American website".
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. *Rumours*: Matching with Foxconn leak... A73, Pascal, 4300mah battery

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived