Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#101
jedinat posted...
slyman19 posted...
jedinat posted...
Slyman, forte, just cut it out and make out already.

Sorry, don't swing that way.

I really couldn't tell with all the flirting.

I'm sure you get all the ladies/guys if you flirt like that.
NNID: WoodFall64

User Info: forte

forte
1 year ago#102
jedinat posted...
slyman19 posted...
jedinat posted...
Slyman, forte, just cut it out and make out already.

Sorry, don't swing that way.

I really couldn't tell with all the flirting.

Oh he was flirting hard...gave me wood. See you around sly...you sexy lil sum'b****

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#103
forte posted...
Oh he was flirting hard...gave me wood. See you around sly...you sexy lil sum'b****

I feel...dirty now.
NNID: WoodFall64

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#104
slyman19 posted...
forte posted...

I feel...dirty now.

Yeah......I'm gonna let you two lovebirds just.........yeah......I'm out.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: BoundHunters

BoundHunters
1 year ago#105
forte posted...
BoundHunters posted...
yes. stupid people argue for hours over terminology. Remember that time someone called Zelda an RPG? Ahh.....stupid people. So entertaining.

Zelda is an RPG. an action RPG to be precise...like the Mana games or Boktai.

not saying I necessarily agree or disagree....just that the argument that went on for days and days and pages and pages was really really stupid and pointless.
They should rename Super Mario Run to Super Mario Now It's Just Getting Sad

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#106
jedinat posted...
Stopped reading there because it was so unbelievably off-base and idiotic. I'm not even a Monster Hunter fan. "spammy combat" omg you're pathetic. Either Monster Hunter 3 on Wii isn't like the others at all or you were too simple yourself to figure out what the heck was going on.

As someone who has played tons of games that revolve around melee combat from the entire Dark Souls trilogy to stuff like Chivalry or Mount & Blade, I found MH3's combat to be very overly simplistic and spammy by comparison. There's a reason why all you do in the game is grind monsters for gear. Because gear is all that really matters.

Stuff like Dark Souls or M&B however are primarily based on player skill such that a sufficiently good player can overcome any challenge in those games with a naked character wielding a rusty kitchen knife. That's simply not the case in MH and instead the combat is more on par with Dragon's Dogma (hence why I used it as a basis for comparison earlier) where despite outward appearances and fanboy protests, your success in combat is primarily determined by gear rather than skill.

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
1 year ago#107
Nintendo calls it a console, while people choose to call it a handheld and hybrid.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 year ago#108
DaLagga posted...
jedinat posted...
Stopped reading there because it was so unbelievably off-base and idiotic. I'm not even a Monster Hunter fan. "spammy combat" omg you're pathetic. Either Monster Hunter 3 on Wii isn't like the others at all or you were too simple yourself to figure out what the heck was going on.

As someone who has played tons of games that revolve around melee combat from the entire Dark Souls trilogy to stuff like Chivalry or Mount & Blade, I found MH3's combat to be very overly simplistic and spammy by comparison. There's a reason why all you do in the game is grind monsters for gear. Because gear is all that really matters.

Stuff like Dark Souls or M&B however are primarily based on player skill such that a sufficiently good player can overcome any challenge in those games with a naked character wielding a rusty kitchen knife. That's simply not the case in MH and instead the combat is more on par with Dragon's Dogma (hence why I used it as a basis for comparison earlier) where despite outward appearances and fanboy protests, your success in combat is primarily determined by gear rather than skill.

Bleh, I've played all the Souls games too and I never found myself looking up video guides on how to use different weapons like I did with my last Monster Hunter game. It doesn't matter how strong your hammer is if you never make a hit with the right part of the weapon on the right part of the monster at the right time. And you'll never get a stronger weapon unless you figure it out in the first place.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 year ago#109
It's fine if you call it a hybrid, but to say it's a totally unique and new thing is wrong.

"Hybrid" doesn't specify how balanced, if at all, it's inspiration is either. It can still be a hybrid and be more handheld or console.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 year ago#110
Don't care if it's a hybrid.

If it's a downgrade from current gen game consoles though ...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived