Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#121
Rizeroth posted...
People are upset that other people are interested in the console.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
1 year ago#122
Great job sparking another argument over "hybrid" TC.
Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The Patriots are the greatest dynasty ever in the NFL. The NFL is the best sport in the world.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 year ago#123
Readingscripts posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Yes, i usually cry every time i see it refered to as a hybrid.

Console/Handheld OR NOTHING.

Well it's not a handheld so...

https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/lRQ2pfWc2zHgsLTfSw73D83QM5E=/770x433/2016/10/20/3f051277-1b97-4ca2-8a99-3e3506713fc7/screen-shot-2016-10-20-at-10-05-43-am.png

Weird, looks like a handheld to me.
the content itself of the game not matter, for a game being a good waifu game. fanservice, romantic material isn't needed to be a waifu game. - dark-kyon

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
1 year ago#124
Megaman Omega posted...
Readingscripts posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/lRQ2pfWc2zHgsLTfSw73D83QM5E=/770x433/2016/10/20/3f051277-1b97-4ca2-8a99-3e3506713fc7/screen-shot-2016-10-20-at-10-05-43-am.png

Maybe so but for whatever reason Nintendo doesn't call it a handheld or hybrid.

Only the creator gets to choose what it is, the creator says Nintendo Switch is a console then a console it is.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 year ago#125
supermichael11 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Readingscripts posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

Only the creator gets to choose what it is, the creator says Nintendo Switch is a console then a console it is.

I'll be using it as a handheld, though. So how does it affect me how Nintendo calls it?
the content itself of the game not matter, for a game being a good waifu game. fanservice, romantic material isn't needed to be a waifu game. - dark-kyon

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
1 year ago#126
people are salty that it is a device that allows you to play console games at home and on the go. something the Vita failed to do with Sony and the way they advertised it.
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#127
jedinat posted...
Bleh, I've played all the Souls games too and I never found myself looking up video guides on how to use different weapons like I did with my last Monster Hunter game. It doesn't matter how strong your hammer is if you never make a hit with the right part of the weapon on the right part of the monster at the right time. And you'll never get a stronger weapon unless you figure it out in the first place.

There's a big difference between something being cryptic and being skill based. And the fact is, MH is heavily reliant on gear to the point where you just won't be able to do any damage or take any hits if you don't have sufficient equipment. In the games I mentioned, like I said, you can complete all of the content without any real gear to speak of and without even leveling up (I completed a SL1 run in DS1 for example). In other words, while gear and stats help, skill is far more important than anything else.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
1 year ago#128
StickMen1090 posted...
people are salty that it is a device that allows you to play console games at home and on the go. something the Vita failed to do with Sony and the way they advertised it.

why would people be salty for that reason? and what would a completely different device have to do with it?
if console sales are important y arent they still making ps2 games--Jinzo111887
less than 500k sales across 3ds and wiiu is still decent for a game.--fauch

User Info: forte

forte
1 year ago#129
supermichael11 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Readingscripts posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

Nintendo hasn't ever called it a "home console" they have called it a console...but that could be a handheld console or a home console or both. Its name..."Switch" implies it is a Hybrid console. Turning easily from a Home console to a handheld one :) They didn't call it the Nintendo Stay for a reason :p

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
1 year ago#130
forte posted...
supermichael11 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Readingscripts posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

Nintendo hasn't ever called it a "home console" they have called it a console...but that could be a handheld console or a home console or both. Its name..."Switch" implies it is a Hybrid console. Turning easily from a Home console to a handheld one :) They didn't call it the Nintendo Stay for a reason :p

they called it a home gaming system
if console sales are important y arent they still making ps2 games--Jinzo111887
less than 500k sales across 3ds and wiiu is still decent for a game.--fauch
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived