Is Nintendo forcing children to buy smartphone when they want to play online?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Nintendo forcing children to buy smartphone when they want to play online?

User Info: GodXII

GodXII
11 months ago#1
I don't like it. I would never give my children smartphone. It is not good for the brain. It is obsession. Also they will lose their ability to write, thinking, calculating etc.

User Info: Januzaj_Dragon

Januzaj_Dragon
11 months ago#2
Children won't be buying this. IT will sell to Nintendo fanboys aged 20+ and sell poorly. So no need to worry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38655480

User Info: CRIMSON_XIII

CRIMSON_XIII
11 months ago#3
no, the kids young enough to not have phones have already asked their parents for phones. any little kid that gets the switch at launch probably goes into this category of already owning phone
Zelda BoTW Hype! VII:R, XII-HD, KH3, NiNoKuni2, DQXI, Xeno2, DeathStranding, GodOfWar, TLOU2, SpiderMan, Mario:O. I want to smoke

User Info: ___shan

___shan
11 months ago#4
Don't get your kids a smartphone then haha.

But technology is not a bad thing, think of the opportunities it can afford as well as possible downsides.

User Info: GreatRingo

GreatRingo
11 months ago#5
Lol, playing videogames has arguably the same demerits.

User Info: HValle

HValle
11 months ago#6
I think you guys don't understand how EVERYONE got a smartphone.
And, if not:

CRIMSON_XIII posted...
no, the kids young enough to not have phones have already asked their parents for phones. any little kid that gets the switch at launch probably goes into this category of already owning phone
My Castle: 16706-62020-97494-96569

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
11 months ago#7
GodXII posted...
Is Nintendo forcing children to buy smartphone

Yeah. At gunpoint, even. I always hate it Nintendo manifests as a physical entity and forces me to buy things. Curse them!
the content itself of the game not matter, for a game being a good waifu game. fanservice, romantic material isn't needed to be a waifu game. - dark-kyon

User Info: AndoMike

AndoMike
11 months ago#8
GodXII posted...
I don't like it. I would never give my children smartphone. It is not good for the brain. It is obsession. Also they will lose their ability to write, thinking, calculating etc.

Soooooo, kids cant have smartphones because it makes them dumb? But having a video game console does not? I'm struggling to find any sense in all of this.
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
11 months ago#9
Children shouldnt be chatting online with strangers
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: ___shan

___shan
11 months ago#10
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Children shouldnt be chatting online with strangers

The chat isn't likely to be with strangers, and it's up to parents to sort that out anyway, not Nintendo.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Nintendo forcing children to buy smartphone when they want to play online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived