Why the f*** do youtubers get the switch early?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why the f*** do youtubers get the switch early?

User Info: LimboStudios

LimboStudios
10 months ago#61
Rolfin posted...
Because gamers seem to spend almost as much time on YouTube WATCHING stuff about games as they do actually playing them... If not more

It's why annoying f***s like PewDiePie got famous and why we have random joe-schmoes on YouTube getting tech earlier than the public. This kind of thing happens because it's a valid business strategy. Remember the Stanley Parable? The Game Grumps got special treatment for an early release so far as to have their names mentioned by the in-game announcer when they did an early play through of a level. The devs did that because they knew the Game Grumps were popular.

I think the entire "YouTube" celebrity scene is annoying. Not for actual content creators, such as animators and the like, but when joe-nobody gets famous, rich and preferential treatment from game companies just for being the lucky joe-nobody out of a thousand joe-nobodies that got noticed and then built up a subscriber-base... Well that annoys the piss out of me.

someone's bitter and pathetic.
Even my most peaceful and calm posts are somehow designed to belittle those that disagree with me even a little, get used to it~!

User Info: SegaNintendo91

SegaNintendo91
10 months ago#62
LimboStudios posted...
Rolfin posted...
Because gamers seem to spend almost as much time on YouTube WATCHING stuff about games as they do actually playing them... If not more

It's why annoying f***s like PewDiePie got famous and why we have random joe-schmoes on YouTube getting tech earlier than the public. This kind of thing happens because it's a valid business strategy. Remember the Stanley Parable? The Game Grumps got special treatment for an early release so far as to have their names mentioned by the in-game announcer when they did an early play through of a level. The devs did that because they knew the Game Grumps were popular.

I think the entire "YouTube" celebrity scene is annoying. Not for actual content creators, such as animators and the like, but when joe-nobody gets famous, rich and preferential treatment from game companies just for being the lucky joe-nobody out of a thousand joe-nobodies that got noticed and then built up a subscriber-base... Well that annoys the piss out of me.

someone's bitter and pathetic.

Are you talking about yourself? It sure sounds like it.
(message deleted)

User Info: theloanranger

theloanranger
10 months ago#64
They get review copies so they can release videos that build hype. If they don't make said review videos, Nintendo will simply stop sending them review copies of systems/games
PSA: I'm being sarcastic

User Info: 17chris

17chris
10 months ago#65
kaliskonig posted...
17chris posted...
Only Youtubers who suck the Nintendo c*** got one. It is annoying all these guys get one early and FREE. Must be nice.

then suck some dick if you are that jealous. lol

Nah, I will never be like an Obe1plays who is just happy about every single thing as if Nintendo does no wrong.

User Info: 17chris

17chris
10 months ago#66
jamesj67 posted...
17chris posted...
jamesj67 posted...
17chris posted...
Only Youtubers who suck the Nintendo c*** got one. It is annoying all these guys get one early and FREE. Must be nice.

You might need to head to the emergency room! Seems like with all this salt you have stage 2 hypertension

I wasn't serious so take a joke and shut the f*** up.

Language, young man, language...

Also, you do realize I was joking as well, right?

Ok cool but all I got from that was an insult so I fired back, but apparently that makes me an "internet tough guy". Whatever TullyBlanchard, I dont see how that came off as a tough guy act. Its not like I went in talking s*** to anyone first.

User Info: IronLung

IronLung
10 months ago#67
I watched Tetra Ninjas video and he said he has to send it back next week. It's not like they get to keep it.

User Info: Paulf001

Paulf001
10 months ago#68
Apparently this is how you advertise now. Send your console to youtubers have them post 100 unboxing videos to make your fans go jeeze I need one cause they are unboxing one and I have to have it.

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
10 months ago#69
kaliskonig posted...
17chris posted...

then suck some dick if you are that jealous. lol

Everyone has a price they be willing to suck d. Its just some people's is way lower and others.

User Info: LimboStudios

LimboStudios
10 months ago#70
IronLung posted...
I watched Tetra Ninjas video and he said he has to send it back next week. It's not like they get to keep it.

Nintendo, always out of touch, they have to make a profit on every unit or Miyamoto will cry.
Even my most peaceful and calm posts are somehow designed to belittle those that disagree with me even a little, get used to it~!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why the f*** do youtubers get the switch early?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived