Switch reviews saying console mode has slowdown and frame rate issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch reviews saying console mode has slowdown and frame rate issues

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
10 months ago#1
Most of the reviews have said that portable mode is great and the screen looks good games play well. But when you switch it to console mode on the TV the mobile processor has a hard time outputting a 1080p single to the TV at a and starts having slowdown and frame rate issues. In Zelda the frame rate drops a lot in console mode.

Seems to be a worry if it can't handle being played on the TV that well.

User Info: stop3

stop3
10 months ago#2
No one is saying the console itself has frame rate issues, but they do say Zelda does.

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
10 months ago#3
stop3 posted...
No one is saying the console itself has frame rate issues, but they do say Zelda does.

This. Because Zelda wasn't made ground up for the Switch.

Spread the word if you can, these topics are everywhere <.<
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: briguy

briguy
10 months ago#4
Wow talk about misinformation! Question is: are you doing this on purpose or are you just clueless?
I've been here since dawn of time. Countless hatreds built my shrine. I was born in anger's flame. He was Abel, I was Cain.

User Info: thenavysfinest7

thenavysfinest7
10 months ago#5
stop3 posted...

This, no one has said anything about a single game having framerate issues besides Zelda. And quite a few have been sampled. I am more chalking it up to being basically a port of the Wii U version, but we will see what the future holds. I have played plenty games with framerate issues that were downright amazing games.
Nintendo Network: KidKreole || 3DS FC 4527-9986-6805 || XBLive GT: xKidKreolex
If you believe in a "Console War", YOU are whats wrong with America.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
10 months ago#6
Pretty sure Fast RMX is pretty not slow.
Troll or hater getting you down? Don't worry. Just know that they force themselves to do what they do because of either jealous or envy of what you like.

User Info: Insanekoy0te

Insanekoy0te
10 months ago#7
Ryu X posted...
Most of the reviews have said that portable mode is great and the screen looks good games play well. But when you switch it to console mode on the TV the mobile processor has a hard time outputting a 1080p single to the TV at a and starts having slowdown and frame rate issues. In Zelda the frame rate drops a lot in console mode.

Seems to be a worry if it can't handle being played on the TV that well.

That's mainly just Zelda though. I'm sure Mario Kart 8 would have no problems with frame rate.

User Info: HValle

HValle
10 months ago#8
stop3 posted...
My Castle: 16706-62020-97949-96569

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
10 months ago#9
thenavysfinest7 posted...
I have played plenty games with framerate issues that were downright amazing games.

Honestly, this is the biggest sticking point for me. Why do people have to care so much about occasioal framerate dips when they don't happen that often in the very grand scheme of the playtime? People are just way too demanding these days, and unforgiving of any slights. Has it always been this way?
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Braev

Braev
10 months ago#10
That is dependent on the games.
Curious is the trap maker's art-- his efficacy unwitnessed by his own eyes.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch reviews saying console mode has slowdown and frame rate issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived