Best buy preorder delayed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best buy preorder delayed

User Info: Darkriku

Darkriku
8 months ago#1
So, I noticed earlier tonight that I got an email saying my system and pro controller were delayed to a delivery date of Monday. They were both listed as "shipped awaiting ups pickup" since noon. Naturally, I proceeded to lose my mind. I called best buy customer support and they told me that while their system listed it as being scheduled for Friday, ups's web site listed it as pushed back to Monday. Obviously, this is a fault of ups and their scheduling not best buy. However, they let me know that I could call ups and arrange to pick up my delivery from one of their facilities since it should actually be in my city Friday. If anyone else get's an email saying their order was delayed, contact ups about it directly and ask to pick it up yourself from one of their facilities. The best buy rep also let me know that if they gave me a hard time to just call best buy back and they would straighten them out for me.

I didn't notice anyone else having this issue but in case anyone else does I hope this helps!

Side note, she did confirm that all stores should have a *lot* of units available to purchase without preordering.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
8 months ago#2
when did you order them, and are they already shipped?

My console shipped yesterday and I'm still expected to get it on Friday. I preordered this in mid january after the direct.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

Darkriku
8 months ago#3
I ordered them January 13th the night of the direct, and as I stated they both are listed as shipped as of this morning.

User Info: Cubivore_

Cubivore_
8 months ago#4
What state are you from, op?

Darkriku
8 months ago#5
Houston, TX. Which is part of why this is weird. I live in a pretty big city, it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere.

User Info: drgn_buster0

drgn_buster0
8 months ago#6
Also from Houston and having the same issue with UPS. Shipped from Swainsboro, GA but they listed it as delayed until Monday. As of right now, it's currently in Montgomery, AL. It may be in town by tomorrow but no idea if they would have it processed to the point where it can be picked up.

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
8 months ago#7
Glad I preordered from Amazon, and they shipped my Switch via USPS. No UPS shenanigans to worry about.
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: Cubivore_

Cubivore_
8 months ago#8
Anyone from SoCal know where their Switch is getting shipped from? Mine was "shipped" this morning but hasn't been pick up by UPS. Starting to think I might not get it tomorrow

User Info: RevengeFan

RevengeFan
8 months ago#9
I'm from Texas too. I got my Switch from Amazon, but got the pro controller from Best Buy.
Amazon so far looks to be on time, but I got an alert at 4:20am last night saying the Best Buy shipment was delayed.
The site says: "Atlanta, GA, United States 03/02/2017 4:20 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Somebody screwed up.

FYI, The Amazon shipment is coming from Whitestown, IN

User Info: mietha

mietha
8 months ago#10
All three of mine (system, game, charging grip), show as "shipped" but have been "awaiting UPS pick up" all day. Being as UPS doesn't deliver on the weekends, and I'm pretty sure there is no Best Buy warehousing near me, I don't see how they can be here Monday, much less tomorrow.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best buy preorder delayed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived