Remember how critics complained Amiibo were taking away from game development?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Remember how critics complained Amiibo were taking away from game development?

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
3 months ago#1
Remember that?

Those who didn't like Nintendo or Amiibo would often complain that they were spending money on "plastic toys" when they should have been spending that time and money on game development.

I wonder how Sony fans feel now that Sony is taking money that could have gone into developing new or better games, and instead is using it to pay third party companies to not make games for competitor's consoles, specifically the Switch?

Also, no matter how much you may dislike Amiibo, it's money being spent on product development that many consumers do enjoy. Now we have money being spent to directly stifle and squash competition, and it seems some people are okay with this....thoughts?
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
3 months ago#2
Still fixated on Sony I see. Amiibo are a scummy business practice, regardless of what the other guys are doing.

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
3 months ago#3
ROB45 posted...
Still fixated on Sony I see. Amiibo are a scummy business practice, regardless of what the other guys are doing.
Behold my beauty!

User Info: Aldo1981

Aldo1981
3 months ago#4
Amiibo are awesome. I love collecting them.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

User Info: PhaseBlack

PhaseBlack
3 months ago#5
How many more quality games does Sony need? Practically every studio they own has released or is working on AAA game on PS4.

They are good for a while with God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Spiderman, Death Stranding, and so on
PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 months ago#6
Do the Nintendo haters that bash Amiibo troll Skylanders boards?
Any information provided on GFaqs can and will be used against you as bullying material.
If you keep talking about me, I will keep pointing out your obsession.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 months ago#7
PhaseBlack posted...
How many more quality games does Sony need? Practically every studio they own has released or is working on AAA game on PS4.

They are good for a while with God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Spiderman, Death Stranding, and so on

Vapourware.
Any information provided on GFaqs can and will be used against you as bullying material.
If you keep talking about me, I will keep pointing out your obsession.

Torgo
3 months ago#8
ROB45 posted...

Many would disagree with your radical opinion.

Aldo1981 posted...
Amiibo are awesome. I love collecting them.

However, like them or not: It's money spent on a product that many consumers do like. There is a justification for them. Money is being spent to develop something that you have the choice to purchase or not purchase.

Sony is spending money to remove that choice for you.

So conversely, Hating Amiibo does not seem to justify what Sony is doing to the industry now.

User Info: Bigley

Bigley
3 months ago#9
Torgo posted...
Sony is taking money that could have gone into developing new or better games, and instead is using it to pay third party companies to not make games for competitor's consoles, specifically the Switch?

At least that doesn't directly make the games worse.
(:/)-8-<

Torgo
3 months ago#10
Bigley posted...
Torgo posted...
Sony is taking money that could have gone into developing new or better games, and instead is using it to pay third party companies to not make games for competitor's consoles, specifically the Switch?

At least that doesn't directly make the games worse.

What?

So you'd prefer no game to a game? Better to have Sony make that choice for you?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Remember how critics complained Amiibo were taking away from game development?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived