Splatoon 2 will ban you from online play if you disconnect repeatedly.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Splatoon 2 will ban you from online play if you disconnect repeatedly.

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
4 months ago#1
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/16/splatoon-2-temporarily-bans-you-from-online-play-after-repeat-disconnects

Gee, I sure can't wait to start paying for online play only for the game to ban me because of some dumb reason. Thanks Nintendo!
"HZD is buttery smooth at 30fps" -Sony fanboy.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 months ago#2
Makes sense for rage quitters thought it REALLY needs to be refined for cases of legit internet connection problems.
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 months ago#3
Its bad if its Nintendo.
Any information provided on GFaqs can and will be used against you as bullying material.
If you keep talking about me, I will keep pointing out your obsession.

User Info: DoNotTalktoMe

DoNotTalktoMe
4 months ago#4
Was about to say that this would be rather dumb in a way before I actually read the warning.

http://imgur.com/1WVNXtg

now I don't really have much of a problem. I just hope the online will be fine on the game (which I think it will be), else people will cry and that won't be good.

User Info: CreativeName487

CreativeName487
4 months ago#5
Punishing rage quitters is a bad thing...?
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
4 months ago#6
This ain't new, Halo has been doing it since Halo Reach.
Reminder: you have the right to an opinion, but you don't have the right to not be ridiculed for your opinion.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 months ago#7
CreativeName487 posted...

It's not but people are more worried that it'll hurt those who have legit issues on their end that causes disconnects, on top of even NN issues where they are getting disconnected from Nintendo's Network
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 months ago#8
Overwatch, Rocket League, Dark Souls 2, League of Legends and more already do it
Any information provided on GFaqs can and will be used against you as bullying material.
If you keep talking about me, I will keep pointing out your obsession.

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
4 months ago#9

What's the big deal if they rage quit? They paid $60 for the game, they should play it the way they want. Deduct points or whatever but don't bar them from playing the game over some inconsequential crap.
"HZD is buttery smooth at 30fps" -Sony fanboy.

User Info: Aldo1981

Aldo1981
4 months ago#10
SpinoRaptor24 posted...

What's the big deal if they rage quit? They paid $60 for the game, they should play it the way they want. Deduct points or whatever but don't bar them from playing the game over some inconsequential crap.

If they want to rage quit than I don't want to play against them. Good on Nintendo for doing this.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Splatoon 2 will ban you from online play if you disconnect repeatedly.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived