It's easier to just buy an original SNES than to look for an SNES Classic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. It's easier to just buy an original SNES than to look for an SNES Classic.

User Info: nanofazz97

nanofazz97
3 months ago#1
Nintendo says that they're going to make more SNES Classic consoles for the west, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, because they're still going to be impossible to find.

Since the consoles are going to sell at only around $50-$60 as a starting price, people are just going to buy more than one unit when they launch in the west.

It's honestly easier just to visit a retro game shop and buy an original SNES console for $50 or so.

Plus, some of the most popular Super Nintendo games can be found for cheap prices.

You're also not limited to just the games that come with the SNES Classic console, as there are a multitude of great SNES games outside of that package.

The only good SNES game that you'll miss out on is Earthbound, but that's available through Nintendo's Virtual Console, and you also have the option of buying a cheap repro (that's if you just want to play the game and don't care about collecting for the SNES).

The lesson about SNES collecting is that it's all really good fun as long as you know when to stop.

User Info: Jobocan

Jobocan
3 months ago#2
Well it's hard to look for an SNES Classic before it's out I guess.
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection

nanofazz97
3 months ago#3
Jobocan posted...
Well it's hard to look for an SNES Classic before it's out I guess.

You're still not going to find one on release day.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
3 months ago#4
I hear you can also back-end a Raspberry Pi with an emulator, but with my skills I'd probably make it catch fire...
I draw stuff http://www.redpawdesigns.net/ and I'm starting to make stuff. https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RedPawDesign
PSN: TheReddfawks

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
3 months ago#5
Good luck finding Star Fox 2 with it.
| PSN - JSampG / NNID - Sampsonj | Toadette of the MK8 Deluxe board
"27,146 sales is a decrease from 26,114 sales (Paraphrase)" - Linetrix

nanofazz97
3 months ago#6
ikki5 posted...
Good luck finding Star Fox 2 with it.

It's a game that was supposed to be released over 20 years ago to the public and didn't make it.

Who's going to be interested in playing it in 2017?

I'd rather play games like Super Turrican, Illusion of Gaia, and Battletoads & Battlemaniacs, but can you find those games on the SNES Classic?

User Info: CookieV3

CookieV3
3 months ago#7
Get both, the SNES Classic if it has good stock will be a steal compared to if you buy them all seperate. The original SNES alone is just as expensive if not more than the Mini. Or you can get a Clone System, which might not have the best compatibility.
I'm an organized mess.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
3 months ago#8
nanofazz97 posted...
Who's going to be interested in playing it in 2017?

everyone who has a snes classic preordered and want to buy a snes classic.
Currently Playing :Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: Invader_Stork

Invader_Stork
3 months ago#9
Please, go ahead and find over 20 great SNES games as well as a working system with two controllers for $80.
We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound fine?

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
3 months ago#10
CookieV3 posted...
Get both, the SNES Classic if it has good stock will be a steal compared to if you buy them all seperate. The original SNES alone is just as expensive if not more than the Mini. Or you can get a Clone System, which might not have the best compatibility.

retro 5 works pretty damn well.
up res's games in pixel perfect non the less. Good for making YouTube videos or streaming old games.
Currently Playing :Xenoblade Chronicles
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. It's easier to just buy an original SNES than to look for an SNES Classic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived