Zelda BotW sold 200k+ in Germany

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Zelda BotW sold 200k+ in Germany

User Info: Xenis

Xenis
1 month ago#1
BIU gave Zelda: Breath of the Wild a “Platinum” award for its sales success.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sells-200000-copies-in-germany/
Trolls keep on damage controlling.

User Info: BoundLocas

BoundLocas
1 month ago#2
Is this from March till now? Isn't Germany Europe's biggest gaming market? Kinda slow if you ask me, though Europe was never Nintendo's strong point.

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
1 month ago#3
BoundLocas posted...
Is this from March till now? Isn't Germany Europe's biggest gaming market? Kinda slow if you ask me, though Europe was never Nintendo's strong point.

Nah this is super good. You just don't get that perspective cause the numbers are all low.

For reference, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy 15 and other big sellers are also in the 200k range, and that's on the PS4. In fact the highest selling game on PS4 period is Fifa, which is 500k.

So yeah, this is seriously high up there.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: Xechs

Xechs
1 month ago#4
BoundLocas posted...

People have to stop thinking all sales in terms of US. Even japan 400-600k is consider great sales. then 600k-1 mil as amazing and anything a mil + is just phenomenal. Japan is 3rd biggest market but only half as big as the US market. and jpn market is 3 times bigger then Germany. Germany is 4th biggest market and biggest in Europe. Only 15 countries in the world even generate billions in sales.

in all of gen 7 only 6 games sold more then 200k on PS3. Stuff like fifa, minecrtaft, COD AW and COD ghost, Gran turismo 6. In terms of nintendo mostly animal crossing, mario karts, pokemon, tomatachi life, mario. Most of these are 3DS which is pretty popualr in germany. So for zelda to sell 200k is a big deal.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier

User Info: Koji

Koji
1 month ago#5
Consoles really need fifa in order to be successful in europe.. Is crazy how popular this game is over here. I wonder if there is anything comparable to this in the us
Der Rose suesser Duft genuegt, man braucht sie nicht zu brechen. Und wer sich mit dem Duft begnuegt, den wird ihr Dorn nicht stechen.

User Info: Allmytee

Allmytee
1 month ago#6
Koji posted...
Consoles really need fifa in order to be successful in europe.. Is crazy how popular this game is over here. I wonder if there is anything comparable to this in the us

Eh, not really. I mean, GTA and COD are a lot of people's bread n butter. But many Mario titles are fairly big as well.

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
1 month ago#7
Xechs posted...
BoundLocas posted...

People have to stop thinking all sales in terms of US. Even japan 400-600k is consider great sales. then 600k-1 mil as amazing and anything a mil + is just phenomenal. Japan is 3rd biggest market but only half as big as the US market. and jpn market is 3 times bigger then Germany. Germany is 4th biggest market and biggest in Europe. Only 15 countries in the world even generate billions in sales.

in all of gen 7 only 6 games sold more then 200k on PS3. Stuff like fifa, minecrtaft, COD AW and COD ghost, Gran turismo 6. In terms of nintendo mostly animal crossing, mario karts, pokemon, tomatachi life, mario. Most of these are 3DS which is pretty popualr in germany. So for zelda to sell 200k is a big deal.

Yeah, I think a lot of people don't understand just how huge the USA is in comparison to other countries. Most other countries, by size comparison, are just really small. (Which is why these relative low sales are actually high). (Well, that, and in some areas of Europe, consoles just aren't as popular as they are in Japan and America)
Now Playing
Zelda BOTW Master Mode (Switch), Tales of Berseria (PC), Witcher 3 (PC)

User Info: QueenLUCiNA

QueenLUCiNA
1 month ago#8
Read on neogaf that this was just in March?
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
1 month ago#9
Xechs posted...
BoundLocas posted...

People have to stop thinking all sales in terms of US.

its unfortunate but will never happen, people are stuck thinking only millions and millions of sales are considered good anywhere in the world.
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014

User Info: kelaparan

kelaparan
1 month ago#10
Switch version - 200k
WIi U version - 100k
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Zelda BotW sold 200k+ in Germany

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived