Do you prefer Zelda BOTW or Witcher 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you prefer Zelda BOTW or Witcher 3?

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
2 months ago#121
DuranmanX4 posted...
epik_fail1 posted...
Marce316 posted...
I would have to say The Witcher 3.

But! BOTW is a far easier game to pick up and play, you don´t have to know ANYTHING to play it and enjoy it to its fullest. To be able to fully enjoy W3 I have read all the books and played the games, in that order. I think it´s a harder, but more rewarding experience, since I consider the books some of the best literature of the second half of 20th century and the best western RPG in the past 10 years, hell, perhaps since Baldur´s Gate.

Poland is in the west?

it's either China or the US

Australia is also considered Western, despite being near the same time zone as Japan

Huh... I am a bit confused.
Losing an argument? Ends it with but...but...Hillary and her emails!

User Info: Link01588

Link01588
2 months ago#122
Witcher 3. Game's just fantastic in almost every way. BotW, while amazing, just doesn't beat Witcher for me. Comes close, though.
Xenoblade Chronicles is legitimately the best game I've ever played.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#123
epik_fail1 posted...
DuranmanX4 posted...
epik_fail1 posted...
Marce316 posted...
I would have to say The Witcher 3.

But! BOTW is a far easier game to pick up and play, you don´t have to know ANYTHING to play it and enjoy it to its fullest. To be able to fully enjoy W3 I have read all the books and played the games, in that order. I think it´s a harder, but more rewarding experience, since I consider the books some of the best literature of the second half of 20th century and the best western RPG in the past 10 years, hell, perhaps since Baldur´s Gate.

Poland is in the west?

it's either China or the US

Australia is also considered Western, despite being near the same time zone as Japan

Huh... I am a bit confused.

blame the people confusing culture for geography

Guam is also western, despite being in Micronesia
Retail Wii U and 3DS games: https://sta.sh/02egamz324w0
Retail PS4 and VITA games: https://sta.sh/09xbomh9bc4

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
2 months ago#124
Link01588 posted...
Witcher 3. Game's just fantastic in almost every way. BotW, while amazing, just doesn't beat Witcher for me. Comes close, though.

I think overall the w3 was a lot superior, but I liked the interactions with the environment in botw better.
Losing an argument? Ends it with but...but...Hillary and her emails!

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
2 months ago#125
DuranmanX4 posted...
epik_fail1 posted...
riboflav posted...
Zelda is a masterpiece, Witcher 3 is archaic and feels like a game from yesteryear.

Lol at wicher 3 being archaic.

the game feels like it takes place 500 years ago

whereas in Zelda you can take selfies on your tablet #modern

Witcher 3 is Assassin's Creed/DragonAge Inquisition/FarCry yet again. YAWN!

User Info: Churufu

Churufu
2 months ago#126
SilverBassCross posted...
I really can't be motivated to play Witcher 3.

Bought it during a steam sale, and did all sidequests in what I think to be the first chapter (before meeting Yennefer), then met Yennefer and did a couple more sidequests in the newly opened area.

It's just so, so f***ing bland.

The world, the stories, the combat.

Played BotW to completion minus Korok Seeds, so that.

Damn this sums up my experience with W3 perfectly. Completed the first area, met Yennefer, and then never played it again because I found it so completely uninteresting. Really wanted to get into it too, but like you said, really bland.

So for me BotW since it actually kept me motivated to play it all the way through.
PSN: Churufu_Koyo
Switch: SW-7316-0776-3892

riboflav
2 months ago#127
Churufu posted...
SilverBassCross posted...
I really can't be motivated to play Witcher 3.

Bought it during a steam sale, and did all sidequests in what I think to be the first chapter (before meeting Yennefer), then met Yennefer and did a couple more sidequests in the newly opened area.

It's just so, so f***ing bland.

The world, the stories, the combat.

Played BotW to completion minus Korok Seeds, so that.

Damn this sums up my experience with W3 perfectly. Completed the first area, met Yennefer, and then never played it again because I found it so completely uninteresting. Really wanted to get into it too, but like you said, really bland.

So for me BotW since it actually kept me motivated to play it all the way through.

I played a bit more than you guys (about 30 - 40 hours) but came to the same result, I just can't bring myself to finish it. It's too much like many other games I've played that it feels "generic".

User Info: supersyked

supersyked
2 months ago#128
Witcher 3
PSN: SuperSyked // GT: SuperSyked \\ Wii Code: Bunch O' Numbers
Now Thats >CRAZE<

User Info: UltraGoombaX

UltraGoombaX
2 months ago#129
BOTW
I am from planet Vegeta. Fear me!

riboflav
2 months ago#130
DrGaster posted...
Witcher 3...but this is more of a testament to how bad Breath is. It's basically a watered down version of any other open world.

If you like Witcher 3, you will also like it's predecessors: Dragon Age Inquisition, Assassin's Creed 1, 2, 3, etc, FarCry 3 and 4, Skyrim.

Bonus points if you can look at the map screen and know which one you are playing!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you prefer Zelda BOTW or Witcher 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived