Why BotW isn't that good

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why BotW isn't that good

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
1 month ago#131
yahya_no_1 posted...
Comyx posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Comyx posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Comyx posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
It's not a 10/10, its a 8/10, hell most(outside the Nintendo fanboys) agree it's a 7.5, for me I think it's an 8, good game but has it's flaws, not close to the best Zelda as the fanboys claim.(not even close)

I agree with everything you listed and I can add 100 more reasons why, hell someone will eventually make a video with top 10/50/100 why BotW is not that great(if they haven't already a this point)

Lets just look back at when this game was released, it's the only game Nintendo has to show, so they need i to be successful, prior to lunch, EVERY whitelisted youtuber got a free switch!!! included the game, and then they claim they are giving honest opinions on the game, lol how can you give an honest opinion when you willingly accepted a form of bribe?

All of the sudden the youtubers who couldn't even upload Nintendo games due to them getting monetized by Nintendo were able to do so at that time.......really?

Don't get me started with the sites like IGN and Gamespot

What happened with BotW was clear, no need to question it, only the Nintendo drones will claim things weapon breaking in 5 hits is a feature and not a flaw

Ah yes, "most" people agree it's a 7.5 game now? And the others are fanboys.
You can do better than this.

lol thinks Nintendo fanboys = most people, yet another example how these people live in their own world

The delusional one here is you, haven't you noticed?
But feel free to show me proof that "most people" consider it a 7.5 game.
I'll wait.

Proof???lol and you calling me delusional

How about you get your lazy ass to look at the user scores, not everyone live in the same bubble you live in

It's a 4.58, if you mean the GameFaqs one.
Unless you are so dumb that you are referring to the Metacritic user score, which has been skewed because of the rabid fanboys giving it 0 (and even then, it's an 8.4, which is definitely not the same as 7.5, but w/e).
Here's some basic maths: if an idiot gives a game 0, it takes nine people giving it 10/10 to make the average of those ten scores a 9.

Best way to lose an argument is with insults, indicates the mentality level I am dealing with here lol

How about you any of you sad Nintendo fanboys look at the articles that all of the sudden popped up with criticism of the many many flaws this game has, vids? no? ofc you wont, stay in that bubble.

And user scores in metacritic for OOT 96, Zelda TP is 90, same with WW 9.0

I guess people didn't play those games and still gave it a good score...... weird

Yah user scares are not accurate but they give me a general sense of what the players thought

A fact is not an insult. Believing BotW's user score is of any indication about what people actually think about the game is incredibly dumb. Rabid fanboys stormed the user score section with 0s when they began reading articles about how BotW was the game with most 10/10 etc etc.
You can't suggest looking at the user score of BotW as if it were legit and expect to be taken seriously.
Also, obviously there can be criticism about it. No game will ever be perfect. But claiming that MOST people consider it a 7.5 game is something else entirely. Is there a vocal minority complaining about even the smallest flaws? Sure, but most only detract points from noteworthy ones.

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
1 month ago#132
I just really don't get how people are calling BOTW a "masterpiece". To me it's the farthest thing from a masterpiece. Mario 64, Dragon Quest VIII and Ocarina of Time are games I'd consider to be masterpieces, but BOTW doesn't even come close to being that. It's really nothing that special or memorable tbh.
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#133
Comyx posted...

A fact is not an insult. Believing BotW's user score is of any indication about what people actually think about the game is incredibly dumb. Rabid fanboys stormed the user score section with 0s when they began reading articles about how BotW was the game with most 10/10 etc etc.
You can't suggest looking at the user score of BotW as if it were legit and expect to be taken seriously.
Also, obviously there can be criticism about it. No game will ever be perfect. But claiming that MOST people consider it a 7.5 game is something else entirely. Is there a vocal minority complaining about even the smallest flaws? Sure, but most only detract points from noteworthy ones.

Yup, in fact you can see some of the reviews stating they gave it a 0 because it scored higher than Horizon Zero Dawn
Currently Playing :Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Cuphead, and Divinity Orginal Sin 2

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#134
Yes it actually is
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#135
LaManoNeraII posted...
Yes it actually is

Is it?
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: FunkyKong84

FunkyKong84
1 month ago#136
smeargle123 posted...
Did we really need this topic for the thousandth time?

I did. I'm not a Zelda fan, so it was interesting to see what was up with the game. Looks like I'll choose Skyrim over Zelda when I buy a Switch
Posted with GameRaven 3.3

User Info: Llama_mama

Llama_mama
1 month ago#137
I liked the game a lot, but I agree with all your points. I'd give it an 8.
3ds FC: 0662-5115-3453

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
1 month ago#138
FZeroMaster posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
NGageBro posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Swickman81 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Lmao, same when SS got a 7.5.

SS deserves that 7.5

I agree.

SS is awful.

Yep.

See, when Sony manchildren start staying things like SS was awful, and deserves a 7.5, you know you are dealing with dishonest worthless people.
It has a 93% on metacritic, the lowest 3D Zelda, but still a very good game in its own right.
Nobody needs to listen to these clownish opinions.

LoZ is an overrated series in general. Especially OoT and BotW.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#139
LuigiFan835 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
Yes it actually is

Is it?

It is
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#140
When BotW and SS had the same ratio of troll reviews to normal ones, Skyward was ahead.

So yeah lmao.
FC 1504 5709 4054
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why BotW isn't that good

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived