Why record only 30 seconds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why record only 30 seconds?

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 month ago#1
Being serious.

So going by the rumor. The OS has 750 megabytes of RAM and one cpu core available.
Could that be the restraint? Could it be because of portability? Why? Also can we upload to YouTube?
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 month ago#2
omniryu posted...
Being serious.

So going by the rumor. The OS has 750 megabytes of RAM and one cpu core available.
Could that be the restraint? Could it be because of portability? Why? Also can we upload to YouTube?

The Tegra X1 can natively encode h264 compressed video (and h265 too), so 30 seconds of footage is going to take very little RAM and practically no CPU usage.
"When you've got no argument, say something bad about <x>."
Perfectly explains why the Nintendo boards are toxic and are full of trolls/haters.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#3
Probably just to show off fun little clips.
I know I usually capture something that's funny
Currently Playing :Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Cuphead, and Divinity Orginal Sin 2

omniryu
1 month ago#4
DiscostewSM posted...
omniryu posted...
Being serious.

The Tegra X1 can natively encode h264 compressed video (and h265 too), so 30 seconds of footage is going to take very little RAM and practically no CPU usage.

You know what you're right. I forgot the GPU has a built-in encoding/decoding feature. Maybe they do this for storage constraints?

Maverick_Reznor posted...
Probably just to show off fun little clips.
I know I usually capture something that's funny

I figure that could be one possibility. Most Facebook and Twitter videos are 30 seconds. But gamers stream and upload 10 minutes to a hour video.

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
1 month ago#5
Probably has something to do with storage limits on the Switch.
Bowser as the protagonist of a RTS game needs to happen at some point.
Fan of Majora's Mask, M+L: Superstar Saga, Metroid Prime 2, and DKC: Tropical Freeze.

omniryu
1 month ago#6
Here's a video

Edit: I forgot the video

https://twitter.com/StillCox/status/920821183611748352

User Info: alphame4

alphame4
1 month ago#7
Because you bought a an underpowered console.

The resources are needed elsewhere and them adding more than that would affect other functions.
Yes I own a Nintendo Switch http://imgur.com/a/eir3h

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
1 month ago#8
alphame4 posted...
Because I bought a an underpowered console.

The resources are needed elsewhere and them adding more than that would affect other functions.

fixed that for you, according to your sig.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf | Orange Shy Guy of the MK8 Deluxe board

User Info: alphame4

alphame4
1 month ago#9
__Ryoki__ posted...
alphame4 posted...
Because I bought a an underpowered console.

fixed that for you, according to your sig.

Exactly.

You should take my posts more seriously since I own one.

It's a very weak console. I use it when there's absolutely nothing else to play on PC/PS4/Xbone/3ds
Yes I own a Nintendo Switch http://imgur.com/a/eir3h

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 month ago#10
alphame4 posted...
Because you bought a an underpowered console.

Ah, incompetence and jealousy, that a device like the Switch is doing this natively via Tegra X1 hardware that isn't taking away from anything. And here I thought you were simply trolling.
"When you've got no argument, say something bad about <x>."
Perfectly explains why the Nintendo boards are toxic and are full of trolls/haters.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why record only 30 seconds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived