So speaking of how paywalling things that should be free is stupid.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So speaking of how paywalling things that should be free is stupid.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#1
Pokémon Bank is also stupid. Paywalling something you could just do with your old game and a plain jane DS back in the G3/G4 era. Awesome! Oh, you didn't have a DS or DS Lite? Well hey, you don't have to pay a subscription to get a used one for cheap or to borrow one to do the transfer! Ain't that swell?

In this case, I will defy the "servers cost money" argument because this isn't something that needs servers in the first place. They could have very easily released a purely local app on the 3DS that gives you one trans-generational storage box that stays on your SD card. Would the cloud be safer? Absolutely! If some f***wit steals your 3DS, anything you have banked is still yours as long as you can get your NNID password changed before said f***wit gets on it and takes your s***, I guess. If that's how Pokémon Bank even works, I don't know.

So, topic at hand. You gonna bet you're gonna have to stump up the subscription to get your animals from SM/USUM to Switch if Switch is a core style game? You know, on top of the "lol cuz we can" tax that will be the Switch's microtransactioned online play.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 month ago#2
Here we go again.
Any information provided on GFaqs can and will be used against you as bullying material.
If you keep talking about me, I will keep pointing out your obsession.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#3
pokebanl doesn't work the same as that transfer.
Pokebank is an online Pokemon storage.
Currently Playing :Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Cuphead, and Divinity Orginal Sin 2

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#4
Mr. Bones Says: THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#5
Maverick_Reznor posted...

And there is no reason that the transfer utility can't just be its own, local thing.

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#6
Sailor_Razor posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...

And there is no reason that the transfer utility can't just be its own, local thing.

it would be a different thing than the pokebank then.

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#7
And then it would be fine to have a subscription for bank because you wouldn't be being strongarmed into paying for it just to move your things ahead.

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#8
Sailor_Razor posted...
And then it would be fine to have a subscription for bank because you wouldn't be being strongarmed into paying for it just to move your things ahead.

eh, the pokebank is worth it anyway
5 dollars well spent
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So speaking of how paywalling things that should be free is stupid.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived