So will Nintendo continue preaching that the Switch isn't replacing the 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So will Nintendo continue preaching that the Switch isn't replacing the 3ds?

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
1 month ago#31
irulethegalaxy posted...
I don't see them dropping the very successful handheld division yet.

They aren't dropping their very successful handheld division.

They're just merging it with their problematic home console division.

(Or, to be more accurate, they have merged those divisions, and the result is the Switch - it's just that this won't be made explicitly clear by Nintendo until the 3DS dies off).

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#32
WaferMon posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
It's not. The 3DS is a dedicated handheld. Switch serves both the handheld and console purposes.

So why would you ever use a 3DS if a Switch already does "handheld" and more?

It's like...

"A camera is a dedicated photography device. Smartphones serve both photography and communication."

why would you ever use a dedicated camera when a smartphone does that and more? (assuming same photo quality, of course)

Endgame posted...
Yes, because the 3DS will have its own successor.

Switch is next in Nintendo's console line.

There will always be a handheld line existing alongside the console line.

But what handheld could possibly go alongside the Switch? It would need to be really, REALLY different from the Switch, in order to not compete with it, or feel redundant.

Any handheld with different games than the Switch can go alongside the Switch. What kind of questions are these?
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#33
Probably because they said they are making a dedicated handheld to replace the 3ds.
Currently Playing :The Evil Within 2

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 month ago#34
Endgame posted...

I'll tell you what Endgame lets make a bet. I bet you my account that if there is another handheld it will be in Switch family. In retaliation you bet me your account that it will be a completely different system.

Agreed?

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 month ago#35
quickposter posted...
Endgame posted...

I'll tell you what Endgame lets make a bet. I bet you my account that if there is another handheld it will be in Switch family. In retaliation you bet me your account that it will be a completely different system.

Agreed?

.... are you _Dog's alt?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: PresidentDoge

PresidentDoge
1 month ago#36
n00bsaib0t posted...
Endgame posted...

Except the Switch isn't the console successor, according to nintendo.

Nintendo is known to smoking too much before their business meets. If they feel their sold out Switch on day one wasn't good enough, something is seriously wrong with their methods of making profit. If anything, they should be lucky the Switch sold, seeing that only ONE game was able to output such a demand and left users in a heavy drought for sometime.

Sounds like something very familiar, does it not? Wii U, perchance?

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
1 month ago#37
Yes

They will preach it until Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are released and they will preach it for the sake of third parties before quietly going silent on the issue.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
1 month ago#38
Well no s*** of course they will continue because the 4k-DS will be coming next year. Dual Screen with 4k display.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

User Info: PresidentDoge

PresidentDoge
1 month ago#39
Andros-2K7 posted...
Well no s*** of course they will continue because the 4k-DS will be coming next year. Dual Screen with 4k display.

See, that's the thing. A 4k handheld would be pointless because that's what the Switch is for. UNLESS Switch mini is indeed the next handheld... which would be again pointless.

User Info: DrChocolate

DrChocolate
1 month ago#40
they kept saying the DS was NOT a replacement of the GameBoy Advance but a separate line of business for a couple of years
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So will Nintendo continue preaching that the Switch isn't replacing the 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived