Sony to publish Indie games on Switch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony to publish Indie games on Switch

User Info: forte

forte
1 month ago#11
ROB45 posted...
Isn't it like not an indie game if it has a publisher?

No, it is not an indie game if it was developed by sony, but sony publishes indie stuff all the time, they even have a whole indie/genre movie division called "Screen Gems"

Being published by a big company does not change the independent nature of the developer...it just helps a lot to get a wider distribution.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
1 month ago#12
forte posted...
ROB45 posted...

No, it is not an indie game if it was developed by sony, but sony publishes indie stuff all the time, they even have a whole indie/genre movie division called "Screen Gems"

Being published by a big company does not change the independent nature of the developer...it just helps a lot to get a wider distribution.

I have been getting conflicting reports as to what exactly defines an indie game. I have no idea at this point.
Karmic Dragon2003 1 month ago#13
ROB45 posted...
forte posted...
ROB45 posted...

I have been getting conflicting reports as to what exactly defines an indie game. I have no idea at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_game
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 213 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
1 month ago#14
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
ROB45 posted...
forte posted...
ROB45 posted...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_game

A game without support of a publisher, though games with the support of a publisher are still indies.

The f***?

User Info: Schwepps01

Schwepps01
1 month ago#15
Are they games any rational human being would actually care to buy? Oh they're not? Oh ok. Oh, this is clickbait and it's only "technically" Sony? Oh, ok.

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
1 month ago#16
Let the meltdowns begin.

Of what exactly?
3DS: 1375-7268-6996 NNID: OldSchoolGaming Switch: SW-4778-8525-3295
PSN: C90sRetroGaming YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
Karmic Dragon2003 1 month ago#17
Schwepps01 posted...
Are they games any rational human being would actually care to buy? Oh they're not? Oh ok. Oh, this is clickbait and it's only "technically" Sony? Oh, ok.

Hopefully not. I've given way too much money to Sony, what with their overpriced console, overpriced games, and overpriced subscription service. Nintendo's paid online can't come soon enough.
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 213 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#18
90sRetroGaming posted...
Let the meltdowns begin.

Of what exactly?

idk, but some random fights have started in this topic
Currently Playing :The Evil Within 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony to publish Indie games on Switch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived