Third party support is no longer valid as criticism

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Third party support is no longer valid as criticism

User Info: Titanfail2017

Titanfail2017
1 month ago#11
PS4Warrior posted...
People care about AAA support.

Name a better game ea or activision have made this generation without mentioning remasters
TalesRevenant - Switch hasn't even broken Wii U numbers yet. 26:08:17

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#12
Shad0wmeister posted...
I like third party games but so many are s*** these days.

I was looking forward to MvC Infinite, Shadow of War and Star Wars Battlefront 2 this fall. All of them are ruined. MvC roster, SoW micro-transactions and Battlefront 2's terrible lootboxes to progress system.

I haven't bought a PS4 or Xbox game since July and I won't until Dragon Ball FighterZ comes out in February.

The roster is only "bad" for MvC because everyone with an internet connection wants to throw a hissy fit when their favorite character is excluded. In a year when casuals like you don't give a s*** about it anymore suddenly the roster will be great, just like what happened with MKX.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 month ago#13
Schwepps01 posted...
DavCube posted...
tl;dr: "Most if not all games not on Nintendo are garbage because I say so and you shouldn't want them."

How 'bout no?

It's really pathetic the defense these people put up. If it was just "Ok, Nintendo's 3rd party support is crap like usual, but in my opinion their 1st party games up for it" then I would at least respect them for their honesty. Instead we have to take seriously the idea that no 3rd party games are worth buying. They're actually putting up a defense for the idea that the Switch is in competition with the PS4. I though that ship sailed years ago, and the Switch was just going to try to be a decent console with some nice 1st party.

Why did TC only list 3 games ? Because they're three games he personally doesn't care about. He ignored the tons of other great 3rd party games released this year alone.

Name them.

I mean Horizon and Nier were pretty good. What did MS even have going for it, Cuphead?
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 month ago#14
Titanfail2017 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
People care about AAA support.

Name a better game ea or activision have made this generation without mentioning remasters

I liked the Mirrors Edge and CoD games enough.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: Schwepps01

Schwepps01
1 month ago#15
kinggravy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
DavCube posted...
tl;dr: "Most if not all games not on Nintendo are garbage because I say so and you shouldn't want them."

How 'bout no?

It's really pathetic the defense these people put up. If it was just "Ok, Nintendo's 3rd party support is crap like usual, but in my opinion their 1st party games up for it" then I would at least respect them for their honesty. Instead we have to take seriously the idea that no 3rd party games are worth buying. They're actually putting up a defense for the idea that the Switch is in competition with the PS4. I though that ship sailed years ago, and the Switch was just going to try to be a decent console with some nice 1st party.

Why did TC only list 3 games ? Because they're three games he personally doesn't care about. He ignored the tons of other great 3rd party games released this year alone.

Name them.

I mean Horizon and Nier were pretty good. What did MS even have going for it, Cuphead?

It'll come down to personal opinion, but there's games like Persona 5 and Nioh, Middle-earth, Sonic Mania, RE7, Yakuza 0, South Park, and I'm sure there's other great games.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#16
Why the hate boner for titanfall 2?
Currently Playing :The Evil Within 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 month ago#17
Schwepps01 posted...
kinggravy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
DavCube posted...

How 'bout no?

Name them.

It'll come down to personal opinion, but there's games like Persona 5 and Nioh, Middle-earth, Sonic Mania, RE7, Yakuza 0, South Park, and I'm sure there's other great games.

That's not a ton, and most are subjective. Persona 5 and Nioh would really only cater to RPG fans, etc.

Sony and MS really haven't had a great year this year. RDR2 being delayed destroyed their holiday. 2018 will probably be different, but there's no doubt that AAA 3rd party is really not impressing like it used to.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: Schwepps01

Schwepps01
1 month ago#18
kinggravy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
kinggravy posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
DavCube posted...

How 'bout no?

Name them.

That's not a ton, and most are subjective. Persona 5 and Nioh would really only cater to RPG fans, etc.

Sony and MS really haven't had a great year this year. RDR2 being delayed destroyed their holiday. 2018 will probably be different, but there's no doubt that AAA 3rd party is really not impressing like it used to.

I guess we can agree to disagree, I mostly play online games on my PC anyways, so any great single player games for my PS4 is welcome. I can see your perspective on how some of the games are niche, but overall I enjoyed most of them. There's also some good 1st party like Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Lost Legacy I had fun with.

User Info: haxomgwtfbbq

haxomgwtfbbq
1 month ago#19
There really haven't been that many good third party games this generation. Let's see, we had Rise of the Tomb Raider, Nier: Automata, DOOM, Resident Evil 7, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, The Witcher 3, and Dark Souls 3, those were all amazing games. We had some good enhanced PS3 games like Metro Last Light Redux, Metal Gear Solid 5, Grand Theft Auto 5, Persona 5, and Yakuza 0. There are some really good PC exclusives like Cities: Skylines, Total War: Warhammer and Divinity Original Sin 2, but we're talking about console games here. We have a few good but not amazing ones like Final Fantasy XV, Prey, Arkham Knight, Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Nioh and a bunch of Assassin's Creeds. All in all, though, with the massive development times and budgets of games, good AAA games don't come out very often. We definitely needed the Switch to bring some more quality titles into the mix. Having only 8 really good third party titles in 4 years is not that impressive. During the PS2 era there were good third-party titles all the time.

At least one area shines, though, which is indie games. Modern game development tools allow people to produce really fun titles with minimal effort. Low budget games used to just be shovelware.

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
1 month ago#20
I think I agree there hasn't been that many great games this gen for 3rd party.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character! Path of Radiance is the best Fire Emblem!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Third party support is no longer valid as criticism

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived