At the end of the day, Odessy is still Mario game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. At the end of the day, Odessy is still Mario game.

User Info: JJR82

JJR82
4 weeks ago#11
Endgame posted...
SMB3 and SMG1 are two of the absolute best games ever, and SMB1 and SM64 two of the most historically important games of all time. (If not THE most historically important after Pong.) so I have no idea what the f*** you're trying to say.

Mario got to where he is today for a reason.

Not to mention Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are 2 of the most highest rated games in history - both in the top 10. I think Super Mario Galaxy is Number 1 highest rated in gamerankings. And again was the platformer that difined platformers of the generation. Super Mario Odyssey is looking to follow the rich main Mario series line
"an** vore is the purest form of poetry" - Kindred

User Info: The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker
4 weeks ago#12
There will always be better games in the future, that applies to all releases.

User Info: blablablax17

blablablax17
4 weeks ago#13
Come on guys let's be real.

This game will be all about running and jumping and collecting things.

We've seen the same thing from 3D Mario 20 years ago.
Derp

User Info: Braev

Braev
4 weeks ago#14
Uh huh... and Mario games are often among the best and most appreciated of all time. I don't see a problem here.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: BabyLuigiOnFire

BabyLuigiOnFire
4 weeks ago#15
blablablax17 posted...

aren't most games just about running and jumping and collecting things to begin with
I'm Baby Luigi's biggest fan, a rather cantankerous female.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the best Mario-based shooter.

User Info: radiobutton

radiobutton
4 weeks ago#16
blablablax17 posted...

That's quite the oversimplification. If you break any game down to its basic elements, you'll see that we've been seeing the very same things for a very long time.

User Info: jeffyg3

jeffyg3
4 weeks ago#17
Super Mario games are some of the best games I’ve ever played...they are games that will stick with me long after I played many other great games. And my favorite game of all time is SMG2. There’s a lot of reasons why many are hyped over Odyssey and it’s strong history of amazing of games is one that’s hard to deny.
http://images.nintendolife.com/media/4763/full.jpg

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
4 weeks ago#18
blablablax17 posted...
Sure it will be good, but there's been much better games in the past and there will be much better games in the future.

Don't see why this board is hyping it so much.

Actually there hasn't been "much better games" then most Mario games.
In fact extremely few games are better than most Mario games and this game looks like it will top them all.
That's why it's being hyped.
Don't like then leave clown🤡
Currently Playing :The Evil Within 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 weeks ago#19
I'll never understand the notion that something having been done means by default now it's "bad." They are putting a new spin on it too, which is nice.

The Orville is an example of this. In the first few episodes the themes have been covered in Star Trek, but it's written as an excellent (in my opinion) mix of Star Trek style sci-fi with a little bit of comedy now and then. I don't care if half the episodes I've seen parallel many of the Star Trek series episodes... if they are written well and tell an interesting story that doesn't bother me.

The same goes for games. I don't find a game not being genre defining to be a bad thing. It's just an amazing thing when something truly is that new.

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
4 weeks ago#20
blablablax17 posted...

In the other (Mario) games you can’t posses other creatures.
Here we go, off the rails.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. At the end of the day, Odessy is still Mario game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived