doesn't sound like odyssey's that long of a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. doesn't sound like odyssey's that long of a game

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
1 month ago#51
8 hours to do the bare minimum is hardly short.

Not sure what logic you're operating under here.
Izuku Midoriya is my spirit animal.
When it comes to balance, Vanguard is Melee and Yu-Gi-Oh is Brawl.

User Info: QueenLUCiNA

QueenLUCiNA
1 month ago#52
It actually seems to be very long.
Streamer has been playing for 13+ hours and has only gotten a little more than 1/3 of the moons probably
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: YellowThunder

YellowThunder
1 month ago#53
Darkest-Lord122 posted...
Salocool posted...
Holy f***in' s***, 5 hours A DAY is casual?
Jeebus Crisp, what the hell are you smoking. How the f*** would one not obsessed with videogames have 5 HOURS IN A DAY dedicated to videogames alongside : cooking supper, getting the grocery, family/friends/love interest, reading news/magazines/novels, movies, exercising, etc.

2 hours a day is already pretty steep in terms of time management.

In order:

-Cooking takes 10-20 minutes, assuming I'm the one cooking at all

-Groceries are one hour every two weeks.

-What do you think I'm doing with my friends/girlfriend?

-Maybe spend an hour a day on the news.

-Well Christ, how much movies do you watch? I'd figure that's an hour a week if even that.

-Exercise is 30-60 minutes.

So on a weekday, that's an hour on the news (assuming you watch the news), 20 minutes cooking, an hour exercising (assuming you even exercise, most people don't), and 15 hours working/sleeping/eating. That leaves you with a little over 6 hours for hobbies for yourself and/or your loved ones. For a non-gamer that's 0-2 hours playing games, for a casual I'd say it's 3-7 since they are gamers and this is their hobby.

Now obviously if you're a hardcore gamer, you sure as hell won't be wasting time with the news or exercising. Gaming's not just a hobby, it's a serious passion. On an average day you'll finish work and immediately go home to play. So that eats up your remaining 9 hours.

Man whatever you have to tell yourself to convince you that four or five hours of gaming a day isn’t a lot.
"Yet the nES Classic did have restocks, granted small ones but you could get one if you tried." - Baha05

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
1 month ago#54
Its not too short that it leaves me wanting but not too long that I lose interest, it’s a good length for me.
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: HeartOfValor

HeartOfValor
1 month ago#55
It's a platformer. Are people expecting 60+ hours like an RPG? Realistic expectations, people.

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
1 month ago#56
Ah well, as long as it has replay value I don't care.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: EgoMouse32

EgoMouse32
1 month ago#57
Man, I don't even get that much free time on the weekdays. I think I play games pretty long. On the weekends I have homework so I can't play the entire weekend. I guess majority of gamers are casual then.

I guess 9 hours isn't very long recently, at least compared to my other Switch playtimes that range from a low 10 hours or less, a medium 40 hours, and a high 120-220+ hours. However, I definitely won't ever finish the game in 9 hours. I looked back at my play times for my 3DS games and Super Mario 3D Land was around 15 hours. I hope there's multiple save files because I do think after I finish the game, I'll be replaying it. A 3D platformer is different from open world games and stuff.
~~( 8 :> Splatoon server: https://discord.gg/VHbBrqa SW-1058-0470-2243. ~~( 8 :>
< 83 == Super Mario Maker: http://tinyurl.com/smmegomouse < 83 ==

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
1 month ago#58
When I got a SNES for Christmas many years ago, I was disappointed that I managed to see the ending before the break ended. But there were still plenty more levels to discover.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#59
sounds good, I ain't going to be speed running it.
Currently Playing :The Evil Within 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors

User Info: XC0013

XC0013
1 month ago#60
People that act like a 9 hour speed run is too short and not worth 60 had better NEVER go to a movie. Odyssey is sounding like it should easily be like 30 hours minimum to do everything, probably more than that. Get over yourselves
http://www.last.fm/user/nowalkietalkies
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. doesn't sound like odyssey's that long of a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived