I hope the next zelda is more traditional.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I hope the next zelda is more traditional.

User Info: CrmsnFatalis96

CrmsnFatalis96
2 months ago#11
The_shoemaker posted...
I'd like to see a mix of new and old. Just add item progression, proper dungeons and go for a more traditional music style. I still love the way Link interacts with the world in botw, how the combat works, and the open direction.

This.

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
2 months ago#12
I want the open world of botw, but the items and dungeons like lttp
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII NSW- 772023730916 Steam - TyrXIII/Tyr Above All B.Net - MWXIII

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
2 months ago#13
mikey_205 posted...
I don't want them to go back to Skyward Sword style linearity. I would like dungeons and items to return in a BoTW sized overworld.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
2 months ago#14
What really needs to happen is a combination of ALttP/ALBW and BotW: a set of basic dungeons that you can do in any order, which give all of the basic items (like the first four shrines in BotW, but actual dungeons), followed by the entire world opening up with 6-8 more dungeons to complete in any order.

The first four dungeons would be in a relatively large area (3-4x the size of the great plateau) that you can’t leave until you have all four completed, at which point you draw the Master Sword and open the rest of the world. The rest of the dungeons would have either QoL upgrades to the four basic tools, or an advanced tool.

The final dungeon can be entered, but not progressed through without completing the second set of dungeons.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.

User Info: RHF

RHF
2 months ago#15
Comyx posted...
ken95 posted...
Eh they just need to improve on the new formula and it's good in my book.

^This. Just include more enemies and some traditional dungeons in addition to shrines or whatever they could substitute them with.

Dump the stamina wheel. Wasn't fun in Skyward sword, still isn't anything worth having in here.
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*

User Info: Radbot42

Radbot42
2 months ago#16
They need to bring back traditional dungeons
Weapons that don't break (I'm not a big fan of looting especially when the rewards break with 10 seconds of use)
Actual rewards from the dungeons (I want my hook-shot back) The "spells" were okay, but I rarely used any of them besides the gliding one.
Share a bag of potato chips and we all become friends!

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
2 months ago#17
Thrasher7170 posted...
What really needs to happen is a combination of ALttP/ALBW and BotW: a set of basic dungeons that you can do in any order, which give all of the basic items (like the first four shrines in BotW, but actual dungeons), followed by the entire world opening up with 6-8 more dungeons to complete in any order.

The first four dungeons would be in a relatively large area (3-4x the size of the great plateau) that you can’t leave until you have all four completed, at which point you draw the Master Sword and open the rest of the world. The rest of the dungeons would have either QoL upgrades to the four basic tools, or an advanced tool.

The final dungeon can be entered, but not progressed through without completing the second set of dungeons.

This is a good idea. Though 3-4x the area of the GP is a little small to be confined to for the first third of the game.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

User Info: Radbot42

Radbot42
2 months ago#18
SkyCrackers posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

This is a good idea. Though 3-4x the area of the GP is a little small to be confined to for the first third of the game.

They wouldn't need to be on the great plain. Just put them in the world. You can only acsess 4 of them before you can acess the other ones. But this means we might have to have something like Ravio's shop again so you can access the other dungeons. Although I'd love a 3D version of Link Between Worlds
Share a bag of potato chips and we all become friends!

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
2 months ago#19
I want it to be even more different, give us a different setting or something.

Zelda has been too much of the same for a very long time.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#20
Shadowstrike007 posted...

Wiiu is the only console to not have an exclusive Zelda which says how trash it was.

The wii u is the only console that you can play every 3d zelda on so that says how awesome it is. Also the n64 does not have an exclusice zelda so is the n64 trash. The only exclusive the game cube has is 4 sword adventures.
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I hope the next zelda is more traditional.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived