Are you buying DOOM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are you buying DOOM?

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
2 months ago#61
stephen_31686 posted...
IloveElite posted...
Nope, but I did pre-order Skyrim, roll on 14th/15th when it comes :D

Nobody cares but you that supposedly get your games early. I’ve seen you mention this a few times already.

Then why comment?
Xbox One GT - A7xSandslash, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
2 months ago#62
Depends on the reviews. I'll probably get a card as well, since I heard the download is nearly 23 GB? I usually go digital, but this is an instance where a physical card will probably be the better option for me.
[ nd9k ]

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
2 months ago#63
Nope. While I appreciate the Switch getting third-party support, portability isn't a factor for me, and I already have a gaming PC. The Switch would have to offer a more definitive version of the game than PC in order to sell me any multiplatform games, which almost never happens.

I mean it doesn't even have an achievement system where are my achievements
http://i.imgur.com/ES0IWHz.jpg
Kuro-channnnnnn... <3

User Info: forte

forte
2 months ago#64
Gamechamp3k posted...
Nope. While I appreciate the Switch getting third-party support, portability isn't a factor for me, and I already have a gaming PC. The Switch would have to offer a more definitive version of the game than PC in order to sell me any multiplatform games, which almost never happens.

If you already have it on PC, why would you need achievements? Unless they were all new, nintendo specific achievements that were totally different from PC/[S4 ones....what would be the point?

I think Achievements are pretty rubbish anyway, they don't really do much and I don't like that they don't unlock stuff in the games they are for like older games did with their unspoken achievements ( like beat Metroid under a certain time get a good ending, or beat RE1 under 3 hours and get infinite rocket launcher) now those were achievements...nowadays you just get a badge for pressing start at the title screen...and I am not exaggerating...that is actually a common achievement!

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
2 months ago#65
forte posted...
Gamechamp3k posted...

If you already have it on PC, why would you need achievements? Unless they were all new, nintendo specific achievements that were totally different from PC/[S4 ones....what would be the point?

I think Achievements are pretty rubbish anyway, they don't really do much and I don't like that they don't unlock stuff in the games they are for like older games did with their unspoken achievements ( like beat Metroid under a certain time get a good ending, or beat RE1 under 3 hours and get infinite rocket launcher) now those were achievements...nowadays you just get a badge for pressing start at the title screen...and I am not exaggerating...that is actually a common achievement!

I don't have it on PC, it's just the platform on which I'd have to buy the game given that the Switch version is the same game but running worse and with less features.

And yeah, I don't think having a popup saying you got an achievement is inherently good on its own. I like achievements because of something they do more accidentally that no platform holder has yet to really realize and take full advantage of: they effectively link every single game on their platform into one giant metagame. And with third-party achievement aggregating websites, you can combine every platforms achievement system into the ultimate metagame. There's even a fan-made website that adds achievements into old games via custom-built emulators. There's ALREADY a version of Metroid with achievements built-in, and it contributes to the same gamer profile as Metroid 2, Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission.
http://i.imgur.com/ES0IWHz.jpg
Kuro-channnnnnn... <3

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
2 months ago#66
Nah, already have it.

No interest in the Switch version, awesome game though.

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
2 months ago#67
I finally snagged a SNES Classic at MSRP, which dipped into my personal gaming fund for this month. I do want the game eventually, I just have to wait now.
You can patch our games, but you'll never patch our hearts!

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
2 months ago#68
forte posted...
nowadays you just get a badge for pressing start at the title screen...and I am not exaggerating...that is actually a common achievement!

List a single game where this happens.
[ nd9k ]

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
2 months ago#69
forte posted...
ilfait posted...
forte posted...
Dean_O_Wincshtr posted...
TheCuddlyKnife posted...
nah. when it's the same price as other versions I might.

that's like saying a really expensive sandwich from a reputable place should cost $1 because McDonalds sells it for that price and you would only buy it when they sell it for a dollar only.

Actually it is nothing like that...at all...what a dumb and inaccurate analogy.

So, the Switch version is the reputable sammich, and the cruddy 1 dollar MacDonald's sammich is the PS4 version?

Nope...that makes no sense.

No, in the analogy the eshop is the reputable place, and mcdonalds is the PSN store. The sandwich they sell is the same.

But...McDonalds doesnt sell quality sammiches...or quality anything, pretty sure naming McDonalds makes the 1 dollar sammich seem also of poor quality, this analogy fails on so many levels.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/43296/bruh-man-o.gif
3DS: 1375-7268-6996 NNID: OldSchoolGaming Switch: SW-4778-8525-3295
PSN: C90sRetroGaming YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life

User Info: YellowThunder

YellowThunder
2 months ago#70
NeonDragon9000 posted...
forte posted...
nowadays you just get a badge for pressing start at the title screen...and I am not exaggerating...that is actually a common achievement!

List a single game where this happens.

The Simpson’s Game does doesn’t it?
this system is severely weaker than the other two systems, so games are naturally going to take up more space due to the cartridge limitation - TalesRevenant
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are you buying DOOM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived