James Rolfe The AVGN Plays Super Mario Odyssey*Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. James Rolfe The AVGN Plays Super Mario Odyssey*Spoilers*

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
2 months ago#11
Endgame posted...
i agree but for whatever reason James felt like he had to say that it was pointless putting this a new console all because he doesn't feel like buying another console for something that isn't any different than what was on the wii-u

Thing is, he shouldn't have bought Wii U in the first place.

What the hell does this have anything to do with what he said?
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
2 months ago#12
I think people are reading way too much into what was said and taking offense over nothing.
RIP Keith Robinson. 9/9/1955 - 6/14/2017
Business partner, Blue Sky Ranger, Friend.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
2 months ago#13
I respect the hell out of James and can see where he is coming from.

I personally love the Switch and Mario Odyssey is a big reason for that. Also, portable gaming fits into my life a lot so I can understand him not waning to jump right in if he is just gonna play at home.

Love James and Mike Mondays!
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 months ago#14
Endgame posted...
i agree but for whatever reason James felt like he had to say that it was pointless putting this a new console all because he doesn't feel like buying another console for something that isn't any different than what was on the wii-u

Thing is, he shouldn't have bought Wii U in the first place.

mike shouldn't have bought the xbone since he never actually used it as anything but a paperweight and cried that it didn't have a dvd remote...despite all that he bought it and even left it for an entire video to use a simple one note joke

where they were playing a vcr game and at one point they make it clear they'd rather play the garbage vcr game than ever touch the xbox one
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: EzraGenesis

EzraGenesis
2 months ago#15
Well he isn't lying. This game could have been on Wii U, but hey, I'm not complaining.
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: AxiomGenesis

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#16
NightMareBunny posted...
mike shouldn't have bought the xbone since he never actually used it as anything but a paperweight and cried that it didn't have a dvd remote...despite all that he bought it and even left it for an entire video to use a simple one note joke

where they were playing a vcr game and at one point they make it clear they'd rather play the garbage vcr game than ever touch the xbox one

Yup, TC is just using this topic to vent.

Let me guess, you got banned from the AVGN reddit or something?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: DarthSloth5555

DarthSloth5555
2 months ago#17
BurgerTime79 posted...
I think people are reading way too much into what was said and taking offense over nothing.

This is almost certainly the case. ...but then again, no one on this board ever overreacts and blows trivial BS out of proportion.
Name: Cam; 3DS: 1091-8692-6837;
Switch: 3846-6208-5886

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
2 months ago#18
DarthSloth5555 posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...

This is almost certainly the case. ...but then again, no one on this board ever overreacts and blows trivial BS out of proportion.

Nice sarcasm there.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 months ago#19
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

Yup, TC is just using this topic to vent.

Let me guess, you got banned from the AVGN reddit or something?

you mean the place where mike's dick is the center of attention? not really
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: JMBoote

JMBoote
2 months ago#20
I think TC missed the memo where James Rofle specifically said that he's not a videogame nerd, and much more of a movie nerd. The AVGN is a character that was in two short movies of a set of a whole bunch he made. It was just the one that got the most attention, so it ended up being the one he ran with. He's just a guy that makes movies, not a critic.

Nowhere has he ever said he's a massive gamer, or someone you should take his opinions seriously, or as the gospel truth.
Official Dick Gumshoe of the Ace Attorney boards, pal!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. James Rolfe The AVGN Plays Super Mario Odyssey*Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived