How the HELL does Ninty Switch not have a pause/resume download feature? Even...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How the HELL does Ninty Switch not have a pause/resume download feature? Even...

User Info: Lugenpresse

Lugenpresse
1 month ago#1
the PS Vita managed that. And the Switch is a system with downloads 3, 4 times (likely way more as the years go on) as big as the Vita's largest downloadable game....

On the Vita, if the internet got cut out while downloading, the Vita would automatically set the download to pause, and once the internet was reconnected, you could resume it from where it left off without corrupting the file. I did it this way at Burger King WAAAAAAAAY BACK when I was download Final Fantasy VII. It took like 5 hours to download like half the file. I paused it when my battery got too low. Went home. Charged it, and the next day I went back and downloaded the other half. The whole game downloaded just fine and I've since finished the entire game.

User Info: MARSDUDE

MARSDUDE
1 month ago#2
Why the hell are you calling it a Ninty Switch? The rest of your post isn't exactly lacking in letters...
"Cool" - mariobro8

Lugenpresse
1 month ago#3
Topic titles have a character limit..

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
1 month ago#4
Lugenpresse posted...
Topic titles have a character limit..

you coulda replaced "ninty" with "the"
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

Lugenpresse
1 month ago#5
Can we focus on the topic at hand?

User Info: MARSDUDE

MARSDUDE
1 month ago#6
Lugenpresse posted...
Can we focus on the topic at hand?

Never. You've insulted us all on this day, and that is something we can never forget.
"Cool" - mariobro8

User Info: radiobutton

radiobutton
1 month ago#7
What are you talking about? The Switch does pause downloads. I don't know how to manually do it though, since the only options are Cancel Download and Close IIRC.

But the scenario you posted is also possible on the Switch. Take it from someone who lives in a place with s***ty internet. If the Switch didn't allow resuming of downloads, I won't have any digital games on my device.

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
1 month ago#8
radiobutton posted...
What are you talking about? The Switch does pause downloads. I don't know how to manually do it though, since the only options are Cancel Download and Close IIRC.

But the scenario you posted is also possible on the Switch. Take it from someone who lives in a place with s***ty internet. If the Switch didn't allow resuming of downloads, I won't have any digital games on my device.

I don't know how it works though, because putting it to sleep mode doesn't allow downloading but letting the switch go into sleep mode naturally does. I might be doing something wrong
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: radiobutton

radiobutton
1 month ago#9
587Deathking posted...
radiobutton posted...

I don't know how it works though, because putting it to sleep mode doesn't allow downloading but letting the switch go into sleep mode naturally does. I might be doing something wrong

I remember having that problem way back. But recently... I just put it to sleep, and the download just continues on its own.

I know for sure that it's like that for the Vita though.

User Info: Trevor_Belmont

Trevor_Belmont
1 month ago#10
radiobutton posted...
I remember having that problem way back. But recently... I just put it to sleep, and the download just continues on its own.

I had that problem too where the Switch wouldn't download in sleep mode but I just recently had to put the Switch in sleep mode while still having a download going so I was thinking I would have to finish the download when I came back but I was surprised when I came back and woke the Switch up and found out the download had finished while I was gone.
Switch FC: SW-3150-0817-3331 Feel free to send an invite if you want.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How the HELL does Ninty Switch not have a pause/resume download feature? Even...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived