Where you disappointed with the Ending? (SPOILERS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Where you disappointed with the Ending? (SPOILERS)

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
8 months ago#1
Where you disappointed with the Ending? (SPOILERS) - Results (461 votes)
Yes, the ending was a let down
80.69% (372 votes)
No, the ending was everything I wanted
19.31% (89 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I finished Breath of the Wild last night with my fiance by my side. My fiance doesn't play games and doesn't really know anything about Zelda outside of the name because she had it for her NES as a kid even though she didn't understand it back then. She had become invested in the game as she watched me and sometimes helped me with the Divine Beast Puzzles.

Anyway, last night I was in Hyrule Castle prepared to fight Ganon. I made sure I unlocked all links memories because I heard that it had an effect on the ending, so I wanted to make sure I got the best ending possible.

So I defeat Ganon and Zelda shows up finally alive thankfully as I had concerns she might be dead like all the other champions and the king. Then coming face to face with Link all she says is "do you remember me" and the credits roll.

My fiance looks at me and is like "is that it?" I'm like that can't be it, there has to be more after the credits.

So the credits roll and a new scene starts playing and we are both excited.

Initially because of Zelda's attire I thought it was another flash back to 100 years ago to give us some more information, maybe this time giving us a full look into her and Link's relationship. But then I heard her mention Ganon being defeated so I knew it was after the ending. Then again all she does is mention visiting the kingdoms of the champions and speaking to the new leaders about the champion's deaths. Ummm I already spent the entire game as Link doing that, so what's the point? Then the game ends.

And again my fiancee looks at me and says "that's it?"

And all I could do is shake my head.

The ending was a disappointment to me. Even with the extra memories from the story as a whole I didn't feel as much of an emotional connection. As a whole it felt somewhat incomplete to me.

I was thinking and hoping the DLC coming out later will continue the adventure post game with Link and Zelda or even give us a mission set 100 years ago for more story details.
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.

User Info: Valli

Valli
8 months ago#2
The ending was soooo bad. It seems to be a common theme with big games these days.

Ben Reilly
8 months ago#3
and before anyone says it

I know

"were"

I need to check over stuff typed on my iphone because of the stupid autocorrect
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.

User Info: Braev

Braev
8 months ago#4
I think it works fine with the way the story was told, it's kind of inevitable when the narrative is broken into pieces and there isn't really a driving force in the story. But the memories lead up to the ending pretty well in my opinion.

Definitely not even close to as satisfying as most Zelda endings, specifically OOT, MM, TWW, ALTTP, ALBW, LA. Some of that's probably nostalgia talking, but this ending is definitely quite a bit weaker than those to me.

Was I let down? Yes, but I wouldn't call it bad.
Curious is the trap maker's art-- his efficacy unwitnessed by his own eyes.

Ben Reilly
8 months ago#5
Any other thoughts on the ending?

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
8 months ago#6
did you go back to impa to tell her you got all memories? i've heard they only impact the ending if you do that.
My naruhina-oriented rewrite of Naruto (currently has 263K words and 17 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

Ben Reilly
8 months ago#7
guedesbrawl posted...
did you go back to impa to tell her you got all memories? i've heard they only impact the ending if you do that.

Yes I did

User Info: 1ucifer

1ucifer
8 months ago#8
Imo the whole plot was a let down. I loved the memories and especially Zelda's character but it was so thin and with so many unanswered questions. Like why wasn't Zelda able to use her power? She was in the end and it was very cliché dramatic but why didn't she obtain them earlier? How did she happen to get the whole Triforce and why wasn't it metioned at all?
The plot had a lot of potential but the whole game felt like the focus lies opon the open world. Because this they made pretty good. I enjoyed every minute exploring far more than the story itself or solving the puzzles in shrines. I cared about the world more than about the guardians and wanted to learn more about it.
But I'm mostly dissappointed in the copycat-bosses which were uncreative and not zelda-ish.

I truely loved this game but now I miss the old ones like OoT, MM or TP even more.

User Info: liamx2000

liamx2000
8 months ago#9
it's seems many open world games suffer with poor endings , all that time and effort put into building an open world and the story elements always seem to be the things that suffer.

Hyrule warriors had a better ending lol
Go to google and type Gamefaqs is......
The internet has spoken.

User Info: kratozero

kratozero
8 months ago#10
Braev posted...
I think it works fine with the way the story was told, it's kind of inevitable when the narrative is broken into pieces and there isn't really a driving force in the story. But the memories lead up to the ending pretty well in my opinion.

Definitely not even close to as satisfying as most Zelda endings, specifically OOT, MM, TWW, ALTTP, ALBW, LA. Some of that's probably nostalgia talking, but this ending is definitely quite a bit weaker than those to me.

Was I let down? Yes, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Not even close?, it is galaxies away from the endings of those masterpieces, I found the ending very disappointing for the epicness of the game in general.
I would definitely call it bad to have such a great game and a great experience end with such a whimper
There are no JRPGs or WRPGs; only good or bad RPGs.
Playing: Pokemon Sun, Rise of the Tomb Raider. Can't wait to play: Persona 5, LoZ BotW
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Where you disappointed with the Ending? (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived