Is it normal that I don't know where to go?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it normal that I don't know where to go?

User Info: JasonGF

JasonGF
9 months ago#1
All I have are four waypoints but no guidance on which one to go to first. Is this how the game is intended or did I miss some directions from someone?

User Info: Madzola

Madzola
9 months ago#2
You're good to go.

User Info: Dotang34

Dotang34
9 months ago#3
Pick your poison. The game difficulty is based on progress, not region, so you can go anywhere you want first. I recommend the northwest or northeast ones for their rewards. One is super convenient, the other is a literal lifesaver.
Playing: Fire Emblem Heroes, Trove (Xbox One Edition), Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
9 months ago#4
You pick.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com

User Info: KazeKill

KazeKill
9 months ago#5
this game is meant to be explored to its fullest each marker just points you to the towns you can visit and get more quests.
Collect underpants + ? = profit!
"8 is the number of infinity, one more than you know how to be"

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
9 months ago#6
This is how it's intended there is no set order. In addition while some areas are going to harder to go through than others the game will also scale difficulty as it tracks how many of a species you've killed and once you kill enough of them it moves you up the difficulty ladder. So for example red bokoblins will be replaced with blue, blue with black, and black with silver until the place is crawling with silver enemies. In addition to their difficulty increasing so does the quality of their weapons both in power and enhancements. With this system in place you're basically free to do whichever divine beast you want first and it will scale as you go along.

The same holds true for the story, if you want to the story you're going to have to explore for it it's never going to be handed to you in a linear fashion it's going to be hidden away in far away locations and secret diaries.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
9 months ago#7
Open world, buddy. You go do what you want.
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: fantasypower999

fantasypower999
9 months ago#8
You have all the tools you need to take on almost anything.
PSN: Fantasypower999

User Info: mattnd2007

mattnd2007
9 months ago#9
pick one and go. dotang's advice is solid. those two are also probably easier than the other two.
go join the "expletive not allowed" nazis then. you "expletive not allowed" psycho- Spudger 01/15/17
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it normal that I don't know where to go?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived