Another Glitched Treasure Chest?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Another Glitched Treasure Chest?

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
6 months ago#1
Glitched Treasure Chests (All Currently Known):
1. Hateno Village, between Ton Pu Inn and Kochi Dye Shop. The sensor goes off, but nothing is visible.
2. East of Aris Beach is a treasure chest stuck halfway into the map.
3. If you obtained the Warm Doublet directly from the Old Man, the treasure chest is located underneath the map of the Old Man's house, and visiting that house sets off the sensor. You have to avoid obtaining the Warm Doublet from the Old Man if you want the treasure chest.
4. Lurelin Village's gambling shop has 3 chests that set off the sensor even though you can't keep the chests permanently opened.

-----------------------------------------

In the Faron region, there's like 100 treasure chests, or another ludicrous number. I've opened every chest: all the wooden ones, all the ones hidden under metal rocks and metal slates, underwater ones, and behind waterfalls, everything. HOWEVER, there's one specific spot on the map that the sensor glitches out.
http://i.imgur.com/Vkaqv9p.png

The arrows represent which direction the sensor was the "strongest."The dots are the cut-off locations for where the sensor turns on/off. Imagine the center of a 3D orb. If you're in the orb, then the sensor turns on; if you aren't in the orb, the sensor turns off. The treasure chest is in the middle. (I say orb, because the Treasure Chest sensor takes elevation into consideration. If the land was completely flat, then the edge points would form a perfect circle.)

To the southeast of Faron Woods is Aris Beach. Because I tested the range of the sensor, I'm fairly certain the sensor is NOT targeting the glitched chest east of Aris Bay. The glitched chest is too far for the sensor to detect. Also, the yellow arrows I drew in the diagram point towards the waterfall. I believe that's where the treasure chest sensor leads.

When I fly over to the location, the sensor is super-strong.
http://i.imgur.com/5GwxgpZ.jpg

But if I enter the water or touch ground level, the sensor "freaks out." At this point, the sensor can actually switch off onto the Aris Beach chest, but again, it's impossible for the Treasure Chest sensor to detect the glitched Aris Beach chest all the way from Floria Bridge, and it contradicts the yellow arrows in my diagram.

I can't see the chest anywhere in the water... It's not visible with Stasis or Magnesis. I can't imagine where else the treasure would be.
http://i.imgur.com/ph4Owgb.jpg

Is this another glitched chest, or am I just missing something really obvious? Let me know.
I know with Amiibo treasure chests, it's possible to open the chest and the treasure chest sensor can still go off on the empty chest. I can't remember if I had ever opened a chest up here, but it's definitely not here now.
I'm Rose.

HylianAngel
6 months ago#2
Also, it's not behind or under the waterfall.
http://i.imgur.com/Hf5Ft8c.jpg
I'm Rose.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
6 months ago#3
Isn't there a wall somewhere in that area (I use somewhere broadly) that you can blow up for a chest?
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

HylianAngel
6 months ago#4
I did a double-check just now, checking the cliff for any cracked rocks on each elevation, but I don't see one.

There's a chance I could have missed it, and if I did, I'd appreciate it if someone stated the location or posted a pic. But, I don't think a cracked rock exists here.
I'm Rose.

User Info: Master Of Majora

Master Of Majora
6 months ago#5
It will be a long time before I get far enough to explore that region and clean out all chests to do a proper search. Still, this intrigues me, and I'll definitely keep a note about this for future reference.
Enjoy everything.
Forget everything.

HylianAngel
6 months ago#6
Cool, let me know how it goes! I can't overstate that Faron Forest is loaded with treasure chests, so it'll be a huge number of hours before you can isolate it down to this specific chest.

There used to be a few treasure chests at the base of the waterfall, but I collected those a long time ago. So you might think "aha, that was it," if you discover those yourself, but it's not. If that makes sense.
I'm Rose.

User Info: Zeargo

Zeargo
6 months ago#7
HylianAngel posted...
1. Hateno Village, between Ton Pu Inn and Kochi Dye Shop. The sensor goes off, but nothing is visible.
3. If you obtained the Warm Doublet directly from the Old Man, the treasure chest is located underneath the map of the Old Man's house, and visiting that house sets off the sensor. You have to avoid obtaining the Warm Doublet from the Old Man if you want the treasure chest.
4. Lurelin Village's gambling shop has 3 chests that set off the sensor even though you can't keep the chests permanently opened.

I noticed the Glitched Chest at the Woodcutters Hut on the Plateau too. I went back there for reasons and decided to get the chests on the Plateau. The Gambling Chests is unavoidable. Same can be said when sensing wild horses near a Stable but takes you to the horses there.

I will check some of these others and see if I find anything.

HylianAngel
6 months ago#8
Zeargo posted...
HylianAngel posted...

I noticed the Glitched Chest at the Woodcutters Hut on the Plateau too. I went back there for reasons and decided to get the chests on the Plateau.

I will check some of these others and see if I find anything.

These glitched chests are well-known at this point. No player has been able to obtain chest #1 or #2. Chests #3 and #4 are oversights more than anything else.
I'm Rose.

User Info: Seferaga

Seferaga
6 months ago#9
I'm going to help out! This sounds interesting. If I find anything, or don't, I'll let you know.
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change.
New Leaf: 1848-1767-4958

HylianAngel
6 months ago#10
Cool, thank you!
I'm Rose.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Another Glitched Treasure Chest?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived