Do you have any OCD's when playing this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you have any OCD's when playing this game?

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
3 months ago#1
-I always have to have full hearts as much as possible. Even if I'm just missing a quarter of a heart and all I have is something that fills half a heart, I will still consume it for the sake of having full health.

-I like to always have a sword equipped because it looks the most aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes I will go out of my way to not even use the sword and switch to a different weapon, in order to continue having a sword in my arsenal for as long as possible if I only have one.

-If I shoot an arrow and it lands somewhere I can go pick it up, I will go out of my way to go grab it so I don't have to feel like I wasted an arrow.

-Often times when I'm somewhere with cool scenery like a pretty sunset in the distance, I snap a quick screenshot to save to my Switch.

-I have to use the paraglider as much as possible. Even if I'm jumping down a short distance like out from a tree, I still have to paraglide down to make it look cooler.

-I pretty much exclusively use Cryonis to travel a body of water rather than wasting the stamina to swim in it.

-If I'm just wandering around and not doing anything super important when it gets to be late at night, I will fast travel to my house in Hateno Village so I can sleep until morning. Furthermore, when I save the game at the end of a session I like to try to save the game at the house. That way I feel like I'm starting a brand new day from my house when I start a new session.

User Info: CorporalPronin

CorporalPronin
3 months ago#2
Yes, I have a lot of habits too.

For most of the game, my choice outfit was the Climber's Bandana, Hylian Trousers, and either the Climbing Gear or Champions Tunic with mostly matching colors. I made sure to have that on when talking to npcs or before any cutscenes and generally as much as possible, even in harsh environments because I really liked the look of it aesthetically. I also preferred to only have a weapon equipped and a shield and to a lesser extent a bow unequipped as much as possible for the same reasons.

I almost exclusively save in front of stables next to my horse, in Links House in Hateno Village, or in Impa's house... for a particular reason...

If I'm not going to use my horse for a while. I'll ride it over to the nearest stable or make sure to have it boarded at the stable, instead of just leaving it alone wherever I last had it until I need it again.

I always save up spirit orbs for at least 3 or more upgrades at once.

There's other routines and rituals I do in the game but most aren't worth mentioning.
Remember to lock your doors.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#3
What is "an ocd"?? That's like saying "Do you have any asthmas?".
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 months ago#4
I do everything you do, actually!

Also, I won't kill animals, so I only cook vegetarian dishes. Also, every time I go home, I fast travel to the Hateno lab and use Revali's Gale so I can paraglide right to my front door.
NNID/PSN: BlackRain8782
Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: Katellox

Katellox
3 months ago#5
I can only bring myself to use the weakest weapon in my current arsenal, and if I find a stronger weapon, even if it's one attack higher, regardless of the weapon type, I will replace my weakest weapon with that newfound weapon.

I try to horde special arrows into the hundreds for no particular reason.

When I sell any materials - food or monster parts - I sell everything and whittle each item down to 50 per item. With ores I usually sell until down to 10, except diamonds which I don't sell. Tonight I splurged though and sold 800 guardian components and every ore I had from Talus farming because the payout was too tempting. The lack of ores in my inventory now bothers me. The nice '50' across my inventory is strangely satisfying.

I refuse to take my horses off of the roads. Unlike any other Zelda game, if I want to deviate into the fields, I will 99.9% of the time get off my horse and run there.

... yeah, those are the weird biggies.

User Info: Codster

Codster
3 months ago#6
Oh yes. I'm the same with hearts. I like to keep my weapons, materials, and meals sorted. I try to have five of each meal/elixir at all times. Five health boosts, five heart boosts, five stamina boosts, and so on. And I always wear complete sets of armor. The top five bows in my bow stash are five five-shot Savage Lynel Bows.
No mess, no stress.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
3 months ago#7
Open every chest even when full inventory

Trying to never have full stamina to not waste the stamina regeneration stat

User Info: RippleLaser

RippleLaser
3 months ago#8
Always have a high tier Goblin Club ready to throw on someone's face.
Only after ignoring all the sh**posters of the board you can experience true tranquility.

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
3 months ago#9
You don't know what OCD is

User Info: Sk8RuLz

Sk8RuLz
3 months ago#10
I had to have all 30 hearts, just for the sake of having two full lines of hearts. I know you can easily get through the game with few hearts, but for me a Zelda game file isn't complete if you don't have max hearts.

As someone above mentioned, I like to have only a melee weapon and a shield equipped, no bow. For appearance reasons.

I feel kind of vulnerable if I drop under say 50 regular arrows.

I MUST drop that rock on the korok's head after finding it. If I happen to move while dropping the rock, and the rock doesn't fall on it's head, I go back and pick it up again and drop it on it's head. You decided to show up with 899 of your crew? Expect consequences, plywood.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you have any OCD's when playing this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived