Killing a guardian stalker by jumping from you horse with x..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Killing a guardian stalker by jumping from you horse with x..

User Info: aieiei

aieiei
3 months ago#1
.. did you try to jump from your horse with x and shoot an ancient arrow in the guardian stalker eye while in slow motion ?

User Info: M-Watcher

M-Watcher
3 months ago#2
Plenty of times when I was grinding for parts. It's just way faster to buy a set of arrows and go for a tour around Hyrule Field and wrecking them with slow-mo shots.
NNID: MWatcher27 / 3DS FC: 1203 - 9408 - 2283
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MWatcher/wishlist

User Info: Robust

Robust
3 months ago#3
why are you specifying "jumping with 'x'"? why not B?
See you, Space Cowboy
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Barrusu

User Info: aieiei

aieiei
3 months ago#4
Robust posted...

It's x I think

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
3 months ago#5
aieiei posted...
Robust posted...

It's x I think

It is X.
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

User Info: MattTheMan2708

MattTheMan2708
3 months ago#6
Jump is X. However some weird people remap it to B for some unknown reason.
The below statement is true.
The above statement is false.

User Info: cHickzc

cHickzc
3 months ago#7
MattTheMan2708 posted...
Jump is X. However some weird people remap it to B for some unknown reason.

I remapped it to B, because it makes more intuitive sense to jump with the button closer to my thumb's resting place. I mean, X is in the place where triangle would be on a PS controller. Who in the world jumps with triangle? lol
PSN: SovereignVasilis

User Info: MattTheMan2708

MattTheMan2708
3 months ago#8
cHickzc posted...
I remapped it to B, because it makes more intuitive sense to jump with the button closer to my thumb's resting place. I mean, X is in the place where triangle would be on a PS controller. Who in the world jumps with triangle? lol

Two points.

Number one, sprinting is used way more than jumping in this game. It only makes sense have the most used action on the most accessible button. Besides, sprinting with X feels awful, I tried it myself.

Secondly, I take it you haven't played Shadow of the Colossus. Triangle is jump in that game, no problems arose.
The below statement is true.
The above statement is false.

User Info: cHickzc

cHickzc
3 months ago#9
MattTheMan2708 posted...
cHickzc posted...

Two points.

Number one, sprinting is used way more than jumping in this game. It only makes sense have the most used action on the most accessible button. Besides, sprinting with X feels awful, I tried it myself.

Secondly, I take it you haven't played Shadow of the Colossus. Triangle is jump in that game, no problems arose.

I tried the original mapping, which felt god awful. I was constantly sprinting off cliffs and platforms, because previous games have the jump button closer to the thumb's resting place. The alternative mapping, though not optimal, still works better for me.

However, this game should have allowed customizable controls. I would have done:

B = Sprint, Y = Attack, A= Jump, X = Start conversation. It allows the easiest transition from sprinting to any action.
PSN: SovereignVasilis

User Info: Korlitek

Korlitek
3 months ago#10
MattTheMan2708 posted...

For a more recent example, FFXIV.
3DS: 0001-3358-5568; PSN/XBL/NNID: Korlitek
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Killing a guardian stalker by jumping from you horse with x..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived