Whats Links religion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: darthdaver90

darthdaver90
2 months ago#1
Read alot about theories etc the last few hours and apparently Link was christian in the first games praying to the cross, wearing the cross etc.

In breath of the wild he is praying to a statue to get more hearts which i dont think is christian, apparently the triforce can be seen as the trinity if you stretch it.

So a theory was saying since breath of the wild was before the old zeldas, that eventually Link found christianity, interesting.

User Info: Jathic

Jathic
2 months ago#2
I think it's just that Links shield in the original game had a cross on it, since it's commonly perceived of medieval shields to have crosses on it.
Say hi to JaTye! Privatisation is the sensation

User Info: BubblegumKK

BubblegumKK
2 months ago#3
As far as we know, all Hylians worship the three Golden Goddesses, and some groups also worship Hylia.

darthdaver90
2 months ago#4
Jathic posted...
I think it's just that Links shield in the original game had a cross on it, since it's commonly perceived of medieval shields to have crosses on it.

original art of the game had Link praying to Jesus on the cross but nintendo america censored it

User Info: Jathic

Jathic
2 months ago#5
BubblegumKK posted...
As far as we know, all Hylians worship the three Golden Goddesses, and some groups also worship Hylia.

And then there's the Yiga Clan who worship Ganon.
Say hi to JaTye! Privatisation is the sensation

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
2 months ago#6
darthdaver90 posted...
Jathic posted...

original art of the game had Link praying to Jesus on the cross but nintendo america censored it

I'd love to see a source on this, cuz it sounds like bulls***.
She can't be emo! Her parents came here on the Mayflower!!!

darthdaver90
2 months ago#7
BubblegumKK posted...

But are these golden goddesses real and do Link believe in them? Seeing as he was christian he either changed to pagan religion or botw takes place before he became christian.

He doesnt talk so we dont know what he really believes, yes you pray to a statue when trade for hearts, also the evil statue really looks like Satan

BubblegumKK
2 months ago#8
Jathic posted...
BubblegumKK posted...

And then there's the Yiga Clan who worship Ganon.

It's not like Ganon is an equivalent to the Devil or anything. His power comes from the Triforce. I don't think worshiping Ganon and worshiping the Goddesses are mutually exclusive.

darthdaver90
2 months ago#9
Thrasher7170 posted...
darthdaver90 posted...
Jathic posted...

I'd love to see a source on this, cuz it sounds like bulls***.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Christianity

BubblegumKK
2 months ago#10
darthdaver90 posted...
BubblegumKK posted...

But are these golden goddesses real and do Link believe in them? Seeing as he was christian he either changed to pagan religion or botw takes place before he became christian.

He doesnt talk so we dont know what he really believes, yes you pray to a statue when trade for hearts, also the evil statue really looks like Satan

The Golden Goddesses are real within the Zelda universe, since they created the Triforce. They have also directly influenced the world at times, such as when they flooded the world in the Adult Timeline.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived