2K skipping WWe 2K18 to make Smackdown vs. Raw 2019

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K17
  3. 2K skipping WWe 2K18 to make Smackdown vs. Raw 2019

User Info: Road_Kill_666

Road_Kill_666
1 year ago#1
If this was possible, would you support it? - Results (151 votes)
No. Keep it the way it is.
33.77% (51 votes)
Yes. This would be great.
66.23% (100 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As much as we complain about the endless list of what to fix and what not to, we won't get what we want in this annualized era where they make a game in 11 months. But if they skipped a year, then they would have 12 month to dedicate to:

fixing and improving hair physics, hit detection, table destruction & physics, ring rope physics, clothing textures and physics, blood and sweat system, mo-capping, model scanning, server performance, ect. ect. ect.

If they stay on the current 1 game a year path, they'll only be able to maybe work on 1 or two of these a year and it won't be in a dedicated manner but more of a in passing manner. I say spend 24 months and bring back the Smackdown vs. Raw brand with all the belts and a GM mode to run either show or both shows.
We need a kickstarter to get a: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis 2!

User Info: londonstylz

londonstylz
1 year ago#2
I say go for it maybe have it release around wrestlemania instead of Oct. Maybe add some extra dlc to get us through the 18 months.

User Info: Flame918

Flame918
1 year ago#3
Not going to happen, before they went out of business THQ mentioned that they'd like to put a game out every 2 years, but in the contract WWE requires them to put one out every year. So unless WWE changes their mind, its a pipe dream at best
Those who live without honor, will end without honor

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
1 year ago#4
It'll just be the same game with a name change.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN: wwinterj
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - http://i.imgur.com/kDysIcd.gif

Road_Kill_666
1 year ago#5
wwinterj25 posted...
It'll just be the same game with a name change.

We are in the era where everyone wants money but doesn't think they should have to put in any real quality work or effort. Wiling to be 2K17 only fixes 1 maybe 2 out of the countless issues you could name that was wrong with 2K16 or just wrong in general. It sucks wanting a better product and never getting it.

User Info: rsizzle619

rsizzle619
1 year ago#6
The frequent changes in WWE would still mean that the roster and/or some aspects of the game would be "out of date" and people would still complain..
GamerTag: Rasy2kG - http://itsmyurls.com/rasy2kg

Road_Kill_666
1 year ago#7
rsizzle619 posted...
The frequent changes in WWE would still mean that the roster and/or some aspects of the game would be "out of date" and people would still complain..

There's a difference in a new person not making the cut, and people like the 4 horsewomen aren't pulled just to be used as a draw for an upcoming game. Right now I don't see anyone who wouldn't be in the game would be No Way Jose.

User Info: yutterh

yutterh
1 year ago#8
Nah, wwe changes way too much year to year. It's like skipping a year in a football game.
i7-5820K 3.3GHz, Asus X99-DELUXE, Corsair H110i GTX, 850 EVO 1TB, EVGA GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX2.0, Corsair 760T, EVGA 850W, Orion Spark, Proteus Core, Benq BL3200PT

User Info: JustifiedGamer

JustifiedGamer
1 year ago#9
The smackdown vs raw games r so much better than what they got going now.

Road_Kill_666
1 year ago#10
yutterh posted...
Nah, wwe changes way too much year to year. It's like skipping a year in a football game.

Rosters might change but in a football game what really changes between the most current game and a game 2 games ago? WWe doesn't have time to make a new engine, or really beef up the graphics, hence its the same engine its been for 6 games or so.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K17
  3. 2K skipping WWe 2K18 to make Smackdown vs. Raw 2019

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived