FINAL FANTASY Weapons got renamed (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. FINAL FANTASY Weapons got renamed (Spoilers)

User Info: drbretto

drbretto
5 months ago#21
Love the idea, but i don't love the choice of theme. None of those names resonate with me at all. There's nothing readily familiar to place it with the weapon type. On the forums, I won't know a kumbaya from a vrasicle.

User Info: Seifer02

Seifer02
5 months ago#22
Why insert a crash course on religion into a video game? Japan has Buddhist roots so why does Hindu get special treatment? Just by playing through Great Crystal you automatically get exposed to Hindu terminology so why add more?

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
5 months ago#23
drbretto posted...
Love the idea, but i don't love the choice of theme. None of those names resonate with me at all. There's nothing readily familiar to place it with the weapon type. On the forums, I won't know a kumbaya from a vrasicle.

I agree, I wished they went with actual FF weapons, like the Relic weapons or Mythic weapons from XI or something. These just seem so off to me.

Seifer02 posted...
Why insert a crash course on religion into a video game? Japan has Buddhist roots so why does Hindu get special treatment? Just by playing through Great Crystal you automatically get exposed to Hindu terminology so why add more?

Yea I don't know why they did this either, Shikari is also Hindu, i would have prefered Hunter.
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971 (Alt)
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: YbrikMetaknight

YbrikMetaknight
5 months ago#24
Seifer02 posted...

Buddhism itself has Hindu roots, and Shinto is more prominent in Japan than Buddhism.
Knowledge is power; power corrupts. Therefore, knowledge corrupts. Ignorance is bliss.

User Info: YbrikMetaknight

YbrikMetaknight
5 months ago#25
ZodiacSoldier posted...
drbretto posted...

I agree, I wished they went with actual FF weapons, like the Relic weapons or Mythic weapons from XI or something. These just seem so off to me.

Relics/Mythics/Empyreans from FFXI definitely would have been a more sensible choice.
Knowledge is power; power corrupts. Therefore, knowledge corrupts. Ignorance is bliss.

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
5 months ago#26
Seifer02 posted...

Because the game doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator of gaming.

Oooohhhh education so scary ooooohhhhhh

Names still suck for final weapons though would've preferred something else but it's just a name so it's not like I really care
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: GodXII

GodXII
5 months ago#27
The names are seriously ugly. Bad how it sounds with the tongue.

User Info: SteadyingMeat

SteadyingMeat
5 months ago#28
Way better
I have a very itchy ignore finger

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
5 months ago#29
GodXII posted...
The names are seriously ugly. Bad how it sounds with the tongue.

well these are the same people who changed:

Lancer/Dragoon - Uhlan - although no jump, so understandable for no Dragoon name
Thief/Hunter - Shikari - although no native steal, so understandable for no Thief name
Samurai - Bushi
Red Mage - Red Battlemage
Time Mage - Time Battlemage

are you really surprised lol.
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971 (Alt)
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
5 months ago#30
Strange, but its alright I guess.
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. FINAL FANTASY Weapons got renamed (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived