Should I skip ninja blades one, two, or 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Should I skip ninja blades one, two, or 3?

User Info: TheOneFloyd

TheOneFloyd
2 months ago#11
I skipped 1 and went into the Lhusu Mines area with the Koga Blade ASAP, made a semi-suicide run, been using it for ~15hrs so far. Totally worth skipping NS1.

I have a Main Gauche on hand for when the enemy is immune to/absorbs Earth. That's very rare, though, only been the Trickster (Rank V hunt) and the Feywood boss so far for me.
"Only those who are afraid can be brave."
ReggieTheReckless 2 months ago#12
Depends on the quickening you need to unlock things on whatever the second job you have with it is
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Kiyala/GM.gif http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Kiyala/SB.gif
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Kiyala/Rt.jpg

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas
2 months ago#13
The reason I'd entirely suggest skipping 1, rather than 2, is that shikari ALSO has access to daggers. Almost all of which are non-elemental in the first place. The odds of you actually USING the weapons from 1 and it being ~significantly~ better than your dagger options are extremely low, particularly with how rare enemies that resist/absorb ~multiple~ elements are. When you throw on top of that the potential for various types of elemental damage boosting gear, and the fact hitting a weakness is generally going to vastly outdamage the minor damage difference between 2/3 and the best sword in 1, as well as the fact elemental weakness is practically the only reason to not use something in 4 once you get them.... There's really no real reason to get 1.

Even less of a reason to get 1 if you're running a shikari/bushi, though also less reason to get 2. Since Katanas are available far more readily than ninja swords during that period you'd actually USE NS1, and their best options entirely cover your non-elemental damage needs. However there's also less reason to care about NS2, since both jobs get access to a water option.

NEVER skip 3 though.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#14
I don't get it. Why would I want to get a water type weapon that I can only use on a few enemies, no matter how much more damage it might do to those, instead of 4 other weapons with different effects? Whenever people suggest skipping Ninja Blades 1 they make it sound like the elemental weapons from 2 and 3 are the best thing ever when they'd be useless for 99.9% of the game. How many enemies weak against water attacks are there anyway?

User Info: Captn_Flounder

Captn_Flounder
2 months ago#15
King Bomb
Always looking to trade breedjects
FC 3454 - 1165 - 2706 IGN iSquirtle TSV 2387

User Info: Liquid_Sun

Liquid_Sun
2 months ago#16
Tanthalas posted...
Eat_Red_Carpet posted...
Servare posted...
Why not get the all?

You can't

Yeah, this is really annoying.

Why?
PSN: esper417
add me always adding people

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
2 months ago#17
skip 1, daggers are comparable in strength and its really easy to get a platinum dagger. Earth and water element weapons are rare
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587

User Info: jletter

jletter
2 months ago#18
Liquid_Sun posted...
Tanthalas posted...
Eat_Red_Carpet posted...
Servare posted...
Why not get the all?

You can't

Yeah, this is really annoying.

Why?

Is that "why can't you get them all?" or "why is that annoying?" If the former, that was already answered on the first page. If the latter, desire to catch 'em all?
Welcome to Gamefaqs - where everyone is wrong about everything.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
2 months ago#19
No-brainer... Orochi in in 1, and it's more powerful (and adds Disable) than the Iga or Koga. The latter are identical apart from element, so choose to skip one of these. I generally find Earth better.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#20
Maelora posted...
No-brainer... Orochi in in 1, and it's more powerful (and adds Disable) than the Iga or Koga. The latter are identical apart from element, so choose to skip one of these. I generally find Earth better.

Yeah, Disable weapons are absolute beasts. Most enemies are probably resistant to it, or die too quickly for it to matter. But I just fought Atomos in the Mosphoran Highwaste and it was disabled the whole time through. Recovered once only to get hit with it again right away from Ashe's crossbow. All that thing did the whole fight is stand around.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Should I skip ninja blades one, two, or 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived