Tips for poaching and the Diamond

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Tips for poaching and the Diamond

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
3 months ago#1
Poaching and the armlet both can reward you nice stuff. But both have a downside as we know.

Are there special places where the DA is espeacially rewarding?
I know there's that Google drive folder containing all the maps but it's tendious going over there all the time.

Poaching is another thing I'm unsure about.
Should I have a poaching gambit up all time?
Or are there only certain areas where it's worth sacrificing exp and co?

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
3 months ago#2
Can't speak to poaching, but as far as the diamond armlet the only place i've seen while following the guide it lets you get something other than a knot of rust or meteorite is the Cerobi Steppe
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: Sionnach

Sionnach
3 months ago#3
Paoching is a great way to earn money, do it often!
3DS: 3969-8437-2052

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
3 months ago#4
You're screwing yourself over if you have a poaching gambit. Mostly you only get very low-level loot - and no XP or drops.

Poach is handy but it's VERY specific for getting a few rare drops. For example, use it on Wyverns for Crooked Fangs, or on the tortoises in the hidden Giza Rains area for Aged Tortoise Shells.

Again, the Armlet isn't like it is in the original game. Only equip it for very specific chests (or if you need Lightning protection).

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
3 months ago#5
So we should use both only in trials?

User Info: palatinae

palatinae
3 months ago#6
Djoser2000 posted...
So we should use both only in trials?

I suggest looking at a list. For example, in Trials you can use this: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/faqs/63057 and it shows you the possible outcomes for Poaching. If there is something you really want, then go for it. If you really, really want it - then reload your auto-save from the previous floor and try again ><

User Info: Clemons75

Clemons75
3 months ago#7
Poaching is NOT always a good idea. Your characters don't earn LP or XP from poached units. Some mob enemies are immune to Poach, too.

If there is one regular mob enemy that is immune (Vampyr in Lhusu for example), I'll turn off my Enemy hp<10%= Poach gambit. It's very annoying.

User Info: justdontask

justdontask
3 months ago#8
Maelora posted...
You're screwing yourself over if you have a poaching gambit. Mostly you only get very low-level loot - and no XP or drops.

Poach is handy but it's VERY specific for getting a few rare drops. For example, use it on Wyverns for Crooked Fangs, or on the tortoises in the hidden Giza Rains area for Aged Tortoise Shells.

Again, the Armlet isn't like it is in the original game. Only equip it for very specific chests (or if you need Lightning protection).

Don't poach for those items. You can get them from drops just as easily, just start chaining.

Also, don't bother poaching if you need gil. Get a couple cat ear hoods in rabanastre and equip those. Going through the pharos for the story got me over 2m gil alone, im up to 5mil.
somebody shoot me.

User Info: Incertarum

Incertarum
3 months ago#9
Poaching is great in a standard LLG as it gives no EXP. Unfortunately it gives no LP either plus it doesn't work on foes with the safety augment.

A nice example for poaching is when you enter the Ogir Yensa. Go in the first Zertinan Caverns entrance and turn left and you'll enter an area where you are on a ledge above some Mantises. These can be hit with ranged weapons if close enough (Seitengrate best here due to its longer range) and their rare poach is a Tattered Garment which produces a Golden Amulet in the Bazaar.
Feigned outrage; the new religion

User Info: Karnac01

Karnac01
3 months ago#10
is that trial mode steal and chest loot guide still correct for TZA?
Gamefaqs: Proof Hell has internet because it's a place full Hellspawn and Devilry.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Tips for poaching and the Diamond

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived